Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free stuff!

Hi.

I've got loads of new parts for my Surf as I think it deserves a treat.

These bits include, but are not confined to:

Idler arm assembly
    Pitman arm
    Track rod assemblies (4x ball joints, adjuster tubes and clamps)
    Upper ball joints x2
    Lower ball joints x2
    Steering damper

I have no reason, at present, to believe any of the parts I am going to remove are knackered in any way - they all past last MOT with no comment.

I am stripping down the front end to change wheel bearings, discs, pads, bronze bushes etc. I'm bored and decided to change the other stuff too - whilst I'm there.

This brings me to the point of this post:

As I take parts off I will clean and inspect them. If I deem them serviceable I will offer them here, free for the Surfer on a budget. Parts will be available free to collect, or for the cost of postage (payable after receipt).

Now for the catch....

Parts will only be on offer to contributing members of this site (as in, those who have payed their sub's). If you think this is wrong, tough!

This rule will also apply to any item I may list for monetary gain in the "For Sale" section. That would also apply to my Surf (though that's not happening), to try and prevent unscupulous privateering!

The speed at which I list items will depend upon the whether/weather:

The parts don't need replacing. So it will come down to whether I can be arsed working and whether the weather doesn't put me off. However all the above bits should be replace in the next couple of weeks.

If you are not a contributing member you may still try and bag some of the free stuff, first come - first esrved. But, I will only dispatch items once your sub's are paid! A PM to me will be an easy confirmation of your status.

Last rule:

You can only go "bagsy" on items as I list them as available.

Changed my steering damper today. The one I have removed is fine - no dents, still black and shiny and a Toyota original part. Good smooth, firm resistance throughout its' travel. comes with castellated nut and used, but straight split pin. (if you're really on a budget!)

[Albannach]I would never re-use a split pin![Albannach]

The item on offer is shown below.

[/IMG]

If you think your damper is currently imitating a bike pump and your skint/tight, go for it.

i dont want it
    i just wanted you to look at what i just posted
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
      i dont want it
      i just wanted you to look at what i just posted
      It won't bother you, I know, but you're back on my ignore list for 48 hours.

Comment

i know
        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Working...
        X