Tyres, Pirelli?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyres, Pirelli?

Anyone got the Pirelli Scorpion ATs on their truck?

If so what do you think?

I need 4 new tyres and these look like good value for money (£80 a corner all in)
    They are £140 cheaper than the Yokkohomas (which is what it has on at the minute)
    I am having them fitted tomorrow as the current ones are all illegal!! but I can cancel if they are crap.
    [color=darkorange]
    [font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]Nick
    1994 3L Turbo. Manual. SSR-X Limited[/size][/font]
    [/color]

A friend of mine had them on his Surf and he said they are crap. Useless off road and not much better on!
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Yikes not a ringing endorsment.
      Anyone else?

The trouble with reviews is that you get someone say they are crap and someone say they are great, ho hum.
      [color=darkorange]
      [/color]

Comment

Originally posted by malum
        Anyone got the Pirelli Scorpion ATs on their truck?

If so what do you think?

I need 4 new tyres and these look like good value for money (£80 a corner all in)
        They are £140 cheaper than the Yokkohomas (which is what it has on at the minute)
        I am having them fitted tomorrow as the current ones are all illegal!! but I can cancel if they are crap.
        No personal experience of them, but Pirelli are usually ok. A/t's are not brilliant off road, thats why they make MT/s !!
        http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey....jsp?type=ORAT

Pete

Comment

Thanks
          Just what I was looking for.
          They look acceptable.
          My Surf spends very little time off road (I would go for road tyres but they look naff) If I went off road a lot I'd get a spare set of steel rims with MTs on em
          [color=darkorange]
          [/color]

Comment

Originally posted by Pete
            A/t's are not brilliant off road, thats why they make MT/s !!

Pete
            My Bullet manages fine on her BGF A/T's.... just drop the pressure a bit when it's really deep mud. Sure - M/T's are great, but dont underestimate a good set of A/T's!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

I've got Pirelli Scorpions on and for onroad they're really good, feel much better than my previous BFGs but in fairness thay were well past their sell by! They get 500+miles a week from me and are hardly showing it.

Offroad not too good in the sticky mud from what I worked out on the one occasion I've offroaded (so far) as the treads just fill up and make them kinda slick, but I didn't try dropping the pressure as Linda suggests. I've got a second set of steels with Yokohomo Mud Diggers on now (yes, the studded ones that Damien advertised a while back...) for next time.

Geoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Smeg

Offroad not too good in the sticky mud from what I worked out on the one occasion I've offroaded (so far) as the treads just fill up and make them kinda slick,
                Geoff.
                try flooring it to spin them and clear the tread... obviously not where you're gonna bog down and stick!...
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                X