For Karma: My old speakers, free.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Karma: My old speakers, free.

If anyone wants them before they go in the skip. They worked but I upgraded.

Also...
    Jap Sat Nav Unit that was installed under the passenger seat, where my amp is now.

Collect them from me for nowt (M1 J26 or 27) or just pay my postage.

Actually, I am hankering for a mince pie about now, so six of Mr. Kipling's finest and I'll even chuck in the boxes

If I don't get a sniff by the end of the week I'll hoy the batard lot.
    Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Ahh so thats what that Euro Connector is for, I thought the previous owner had managed to light up the In dash screen with some kind of player.
    Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

Does the sat nav unit connect to a screen and work ok. If so ill take it and pay the postage as I have a 7 inch screen in my truck so hopefully can connect it to it.
      Animal
      PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

if it falls through i'll post second dibbs on these just give me a shout
        cheers
        I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
          Does the sat nav unit connect to a screen and work ok. If so ill take it and pay the postage as I have a 7 inch screen in my truck so hopefully can connect it to it.
          Animal
          It probably did back in the day. But the old head unit is long gone - it was swapped when the truck came over in 2003 by the previous owner. So this has just sat under the passenger seat redundant for the last 7 years.

It's a Toyota OEM unit and looks like hooks into a gps feed and to the speakers where a Japanese lady will tell you whaagwan in Japanese, I imagine (naturally, you will have the OEM Japanese media to put in it?). They have TomTom these days, but in 1996 I imagine this was a big deal.

You'd also need an OEM harness and all that. I offer it in case someone knows these go to eccentric Surf collectors over in Japan for millions on Japanese ebay and has got the time in their day and the love in their heart to cash it in and mock me from the safe height of a huge mound of gold.

Comment

If it helps anyone, I have a factory original double-DIN with a fold-out colour screen going spare, which may or may not connect to the sat nav.

It's in two sections, top half is a (quite good) cassette player which works, bottom half has this screen, which lights up but I didn't have anything to play through it. It looked like it had a Japanese TV tuner (or controls for) as you could change channel up/down. Also has video & audio inputs on the front, both 3.5mm jacks. Could probably play a dvd if you had a portable player. I don't have one but I used to play MP3s through the audio input.

It's all in storage now, as I fitted a standard DIN size CD/MP3 player and a CB radio in the double DIN hole instead.

If anyone wants to try it with Jimster's satnav, I'd be happy to offer the same deal: collect from Cambridge or pay for the postage. I'll get some pics at the weekend if anyone's interested.

Cheers

Andy
            Andy

Comment

Animal, let me know if you still want the Satnav.
              TonUp, do you want the speakers?

Jim.

Comment

Team japan if the double din unit is available im willing to pay postage for it.
                Cheers, James
                My brakes dont work, so i made the horn louder.

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
                  Animal, let me know if you still want the Satnav.
                  TonUp, do you want the speakers?

Jim.
                  hi jim i'll take the leftovers as i was late getting into this thread
                  cheers
                  tony
                  I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by james-r View Post
                    Team japan if the double din unit is available im willing to pay postage for it.
                    Cheers, James
                    Sure, I'll dig it out on Saturday. Do you want me to take some pics first or are you happy to go for it anyway? I'll power it up to make sure it still works.

PM me your address & I'll box the unit up and get a quote for postage.

Cheers,

And
                    Andy

Comment

Cheers for that pal
                      Cannot pm you if you email me on
                      Jimbob6000@hotmail.co.uk
                      ill message my address
                      Thanks again, james
                      My brakes dont work, so i made the horn louder.

Comment

Originally posted by james-r View Post
                        Cheers for that pal
                        Cannot pm you if you email me on
                        Jimbob6000@hotmail.co.uk
                        ill message my address
                        Thanks again, james
                        No problem, better to see it used than gathering dust.

Email sent. Sorry, didn't notice this forum doesn't do PMs!

Anyway, sorry to hijack your thread, Jimster. Back to you now!

Andy
                        Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Team Japan View Post
                          No problem, better to see it used than gathering dust.

Email sent. Sorry, didn't notice this forum doesn't do PMs!

Anyway, sorry to hijack your thread, Jimster. Back to you now!

Andy
                          It does do PMs, it's just limited to members only!
                          www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Sorry I've only access from my phone at the moment so takes ages to log in etc.
                            Yeah ill still have it . Let me know how much to post to kidderminster and ill paypal you the money and give you full address etc.
                            Cheers
                            Steve
                            PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Animal / TonUp,

Let me know where you want the Nav Unit / speakers posted to. Drop me a line to j j j at p g e n . c o m (without the spaces).

Comment

Working...
                              X