• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11-11-10

Brian

Indeed.

peace
    cal
    Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Nice reminder Brian.

Al
      www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Here, here

Cheers, Nick
        "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Parade this morning ! Muster 10.25 sail past the Cenotaph in a wheelie bin ? just hope the rain holds off for ten minutes, some of these old guys are getting really frail !! mm now that sounds really rich from a fifty something !
          Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Brave men and women who died so that we can enjoy our freedom today. Our respect to them for their sacrifice in our hour of need
            RIP
            I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Respect to all our brave soldiers who fight for our country not just the dead but those serving currently and those who are retired.
              “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Nearly 11 o'clock folks... give a little thought...
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Done, even the dogs stopped fighting and sat quietly. Freaky.

Sobering time, then life must go on.
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Indeed. It's only when there is silence and you're free to contemplate that the chilling horror of war seems magnified.

It's peeing down here, and a freezing wind is howling round the carpark. Just imagine sitting in a trench in the dark in this weather, waiting to be ordered 'over the top' and knowing that you're probably living your last seconds out... Unimaginable.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                      Indeed. It's only when there is silence and you're free to contemplate that the chilling horror of war seems magnified.

It's peeing down here, and a freezing wind is howling round the carpark. Just imagine sitting in a trench in the dark in this weather, waiting to be ordered 'over the top' and knowing that you're probably living your last seconds out... Unimaginable.
                      No doubt. I once sat in a trench on a hill in Hong Kong just before dawn, waiting for the Black Watch to launch a regimental assault on the position.
                      The live tracer fire six foot overhead was slightly disconcerting, but what was absolutely ###### terrifying was sound of the pipers on the surrounding hills.
                      Course the slight difference was that as it was an exercise, the chances of getting killed were zero (although obviously that didn't stop the jocks kicking the carp out of us when they made it up the hill ).

Gave me an idea of what it must have been like for real though. It is difficult to imagine. Let alone for those poor sods in WWI who were marching slowly towards a line of machine gun fire. Absolute respect to all those who have put themselves in harm's way for the rest of us...

Comment

Absent friends.
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Well bring on Sunday ! Bright sunshine at the start just finished the last post and the heavens opened ! wall to wall freezing rain ! Made the Falklands feel like summer ! Oh well off to dry me coat and re polish me bits !
                          Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Did your workplace observe a minute's silence at 11:00 AM today for Armistice Day? Ours did, and we were warned yesterday that the fire alarm would sound at this time today, to signal the start of the minute.

So, 11 bells comes around, the alarm goes, everyone goes silent apart from one #### who starts shouting "Evacuate - this is not a drill!" and starts to encourage people to leave (until he was set straight in a curt fashion) .

Worst part is, he's ex-RAF (we call him Biggles). Anyway, it prompted some poetry from me which I thought I would share:

"Wartime violence
                            Muddy hells

Minutes silence
                            Eleven bells

All voices in the house are still,
                            Except for Biggles –

FIRE DRILL!"

As you were, chaps. As you were.
                            Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post

"Wartime violence
                              Muddy hells

Minutes silence
                              Eleven bells

All voices in the house are still,
                              Except for Biggles –

FIRE DRILL!"

As you were, chaps. As you were.
                              very good!

Yes, our place was silent after the 11am tannoy announcement by our ex-Navy chap with his 'stand by for broadcast'. I'm sure he still thinks he's in!

Comment

Working...
                              X