4wd add system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4wd add system

hi all yes i bet u r saying not this again but my 1990 surf 4wd has stopped working i have vacum at the 4wd selector on front diff i stripped the selector put it 4wd got light on dash but it would not come out of 4wd stripped it again put it in 2wd and again it wont go in 4wd please can anyone advise what to do next ?????::

Originally posted by c elliott View Post
    can anyone advise what to do next ?????::
    Try some punctuation? I can't fit a sentence that long into my head all at once.

Comment

i take it then you don't have a clue.

Comment

hi all yes i bet u r saying not this again but my 1990 surf 4wd has stopped working i have vacum at the 4wd selector on front diff i stripped the selector put it 4wd got light on dash but it would not come out of 4wd stripped it again put it in 2wd and again it wont go in 4wd please can anyone advise what to do next ?????::
        i take it then you don't have a clue.
        So, what I think you're trying to say is that the 4wd on your surf has stopped working. You have vacuum at the ADD and have stripped it down and manually placed it in the locked position. This has made the 4wd light on the dash come on and the truck appears to be in 4wd. However, when you shift back to 2wd, the truck remains in 4wd unless you strip the ADD again and manually shift it?

Do you know whether the prop is locking into the transfer case?

Comment

Thanks for your reply,the 4wd is engaged as i tried to reverse out of the garage and got windup on diff.drove forward onto ramp and freed the 4wd by removing the selector case and sliding the sleeve back.i have got vacum from the resovoir and at add but it wont engage 4wd??? I THINK I NEED THE BUSHWACKER FOR A BO-PEEP.I think he is local to myself.
          Last edited by c elliott; 9 November 2010, 16:31.

Comment

Just a warning - Bushwhacker hates punctuation. If you do get in touch, I'd recommend you avoid it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
              So, what I think you're trying to say is that the 4wd on your surf has stopped working. You have vacuum at the ADD and have stripped it down and manually placed it in the locked position. This has made the 4wd light on the dash come on and the truck appears to be in 4wd. However, when you shift back to 2wd, the truck remains in 4wd unless you strip the ADD again and manually shift it?

Do you know whether the prop is locking into the transfer case?
              thanks again for reply,solonoid on transfer box in bits armature not able to operate shaft into transfer box cheers

Comment

Working...
              X