Whats your best deal on ebay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your best deal on ebay?

I bought an old Sherlock Holmes game (3.5 floppy) circa 1980's from a carboot. Knocked them down to £2 from £4 then sold it on ebay for £34.00 +p&p to someone in the US.

My mate bought a set of knitting needles the old metal ones, from a car boot for £2 he sold them for around £100 to a guy in the states
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

I bought 5 rare Star wars figures at a car boot sale, all the same figures that had a colour variation on them they cost me £4.00 each.
      I sold 1 for £175 , 3 for £100 each and kept one for myself. £455 profit !! get in there !!

Comment

I bought a new & unused Colorado luggage blind with all the fittings for £1. They cost £280 from Toyota. He might have got a bit more if he'd spelled Colorado right and put it in the Toyota Parts section.

Comment

Originally posted by marky
          My mate bought a set of knitting needles the old metal ones, from a car boot for £2 he sold them for around £100 to a guy in the states

my mother has a bagfull of them, think i,ll have to go and tell her i,m taking up knitting
          ship

ps: she also has some wooden ones

Comment

Originally posted by ship
            my mother has a bagfull of them, think i,ll have to go and tell her i,m taking up knitting
            ship

ps: she also has some wooden ones
            wooden ones there CHOPSTICKS[
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

i bought a cigarrette for 10p... incuding postage!
              they're getting on for 25p each in the shops!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

When I bought my house the last people left a big old brown velour 70's bed, complete with radio in the headboard. Just got £127 for it on Ebay!!!
                Last edited by Ace Piker; 4 July 2004, 19:15. Reason: fat fingers
                Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

I bought a 40Ft mast off a guy for £50.00. I had to hire a flat bed truck which cost me £70.00 for the day. The guy threw in a two element- 5 band beam antenna, for nothing, as he had planning permission for something much bigger.

My (new) neighbour was not happy that the beam overhung her property (although the old neighbour was quite happy). I put the aerial on eBay happy that it would go for £20-30.00. It fetched £145.00, so I now have a free mast, free lorry for the day and a few quid to spend on the, ahem, other offroad project.

PS. A note for the anoraks. It was a Butternut HF-5B Butterfly antenna.
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

I thought I was doing well with a dress for 20p from a jumble sale that turned out to be genuine 1950's Horrocks jive dress and went for £58.

But I'm intrigued,.... how important do you think the catagory that you choose to list in, and/or the description you use in the title are, to the interest you get? Similarly, what importance would you give to the start price you use.

I've tried different approaches with varying success and can't decide.

Mrs S
                    If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
                      I thought I was doing well with a dress for 20p from a jumble sale that turned out to be genuine 1950's Horrocks jive dress and went for £58.

But I'm intrigued,.... how important do you think the catagory that you choose to list in, and/or the description you use in the title are, to the interest you get? Similarly, what importance would you give to the start price you use.

I've tried different approaches with varying success and can't decide.

Mrs S
                      so the dress didnt fit HIM then LOL
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                      (")_(")

Comment

If you don't list the item in the exact category it belongs in you will only get bids from people who run a search for that specific item which cuts down the number of bidders dramatically.

Comment

also seen a lot lately listed as eg. "Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-X 4 wheel drive 4x4 (NOT Mitsubishi, Nissan, Prado, Landcruiser, Shogun, Pajero) so searching pretty much anything similar will show it up
                          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

It's against Ebay rules to spam keywords but they don't seem to take any action against people who do it.

Comment

Working...
                            X