No announcement yet.

How Good Are They ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

were you with Surf, I was there at the same time and spotted a blue one outside a pub beer tent thing...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
      were you with Surf, I was there at the same time and spotted a blue one outside a pub beer tent thing...
      Unfortunatley no, I was in a mate's Jag. I call it the Mondeo but he insists it's an x-type Jag.
      I am clocking up near on 1500 miles a week, need something economical.
      Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by Team Japan View Post
        As I'm sure you know, the disco has permanent 4x4, with a centre diff which can be locked. The surf is more like the old series landys with 2 wheel drive (rear) for the road, and when 4 wheel drive is selected the front and rear axles are locked together. So when I'm in 4x4, its the same as them locking their diffs.

Cheers,

Andy.
        Speak for yourself Andy I have the proper surf the 3rd Gen and mine can go everywhere with 4wd open diff :-p
        Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Smego2 View Post
          Speak for yourself Andy I have the proper surf the 3rd Gen and mine can go everywhere with 4wd open diff :-p
          And, even better than that, when you really don't need AWD (like 90% of the time) you still have 2wd option, Disco's are stuck in AWD like it or not.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

As an Arab said, (don't quote me exactly) " If you want t drive out into the desert, take a Land Rover or a Toyota, if you want to drive back out of the desert, then take take a Toyota!"

Says it all

Cheers, Nick
            "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

I have recently swapped over from a Discovery 300tdi. I could not find a good one and was offered the surf.

I do quite a lot of off road work, nothing too extreme, and find the surf is great.

In standard form it is far better than a standard Discovery (except for the fuel consumption). Off road it is let down by the ground clearance but I am working on that. Parts are a lot more. The window motors for the Discovery were peanuts compared to the £160 I paid for the surf but i am hoping it does not breakdown!

I have put bf muds on it, winch and have taken the bling off and it is fantastic off road. The lsd helps!

In my opinion the ONLY real off roader is a Defender 90 but until I get my hands on one the surf is great.

I think you will enjoy the comfort and power with the surf over a Discovery

( I have still got a 109 Military series 3 and that is a beast)
              Attached Files
              Off road holidays in France. [url]www.dora4x4.com[/url]

Comment

Working...
              X