Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New owner signing in.

Hi all,

After years of mooching about hankering after a Surf, i finally took the plunge yesterday and picked up a 94 3.0TD!

Paid £1100, its got new tyres, recent belt change, minimal rust and everything electrical works so i'm happy enough with the price.

Biggest difference i notice is the ride! My other cars are a Subaru legacy on fairly low profile wheels and a MK1 MX5 (my old toy being sold to make way for the surf). So the handling is going to take a bit of getting used to. Bit more bouncy!

Biggest issue is a musty/damp smell inside. Had the interior shampooed and valeted yesterday as it was a bit minging inside but still got a bit of a damp odour. Leaving the windows open to dry it out a bit but can anyone recommend a good deodorizer or product to help get rid of any lingering pongs?

Also, the original jack and wheel brace are present, but the only other tool i got is a black metal rod with a right angle bend at one end. Guess this is the jack handle but i had assumed that there would be a couple of sections of this to make a longer handle. Any ideas if i'm missing something critical?

Anyway, nice to finally be able to look out the window and see a large truck outside. Highly satisfying!

cheers all.

welcome dude
    i took my carpets out and covered it all with sand
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Welcome.

I took my carpets out for a meal and some wine, we'll see how the second date goes.
      Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Ello and welcome... to the nut house

don't mind chief...

peace
        cal
        Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

hi and welcome to the home of insane surfers
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I find the Asda-own-brand equivalent of Fabreeze is pretty good for getting rid of the smell of wet dog from the truck after our mutts have been out for a walk somewhere in it. Seemed to work pretty well after the, ahem, swimming lesson at Sibbertoft too (after having a Vax carpet shampooer take the worst of the muddy water out of the carpets).

Hello and welcome to Surfland!

Comment

Welcome mate..

Have you checked the drivers side door casing in the boot? there should be a tool roll thing in there with you brace, and extra pieces for the jack?
              www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

My jack handle is about three ft long and clips under the seat where the jack compartment is and there's also a tool roll with tools. H

Comment

If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

My carpet got a bit wet and dirty, so I took it out and jet washed it - then hung it in the garage to dry, It came up a treat!
                    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Hello mate.

Top tips from a college janitor:

Shake 'n' vac is suprisingly good at freshening up carpet - yes it is still around!!

Otherwise, if you can get hold of a carpet shampooer (vax or similar) try it with a tablespoon of non-bio laundry powder in the clean tank full of hot water. Better than carpet shampoo, smells nicer and much cheaper!

Finally, if you're having trouble shifting damp, slash open a bag of cat litter and leave it on the floor in the back. Absorbs all the moisture out of the air.

Cheers,

Andy
                      Andy

Comment

Originally posted by spinal_pap View Post
                        Hi all,

Biggest issue is a musty/damp smell inside.

cheers all.
                        Welcome to Surf City!

Perhaps you should be asking yourself why you have this damp smell.
                        Is water getting in somewhere? There are quite a few bungs you should check in bulkhead & floorpan. Is either heater matrix leaking water?
                        Or...is it simply a case of the previous owner leaving windows open?

No amount of smellies will cure the damp if you have any of the above issues.

Any pics of your truck?

Tony
                        Last edited by TOYOTATONY; 6 November 2010, 00:18.

Comment

Welcome -

Comment

It's worth doing the shake and vac,
                            see if you can put the freshness back.
                            Yes, do the shake and vac and put the freshness back.
                            If your carpet smells fresh, your truck does too,
                            then every time you vacuum, remember what to do.
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by lawsy View Post
                              Welcome -

Why would we want to see photographs of damp carpets and upholstery?....Oh, and hello Rich...Welcome....Cheers....Mi ck.
                              " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Working...
                              X