Nissan Terrano / Ford Maverick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nissan Terrano / Ford Maverick

Anyone have any experience of a Terrano/Maverick? My brother's just been offered one cheap as a fixer-upper for off-roading, just wondered if they're any good? It's a '93, swb 2-door with the 2.7 diesel. Anyone know what they have by way of a locking centre diff, or none like the Surf? Any common probs to look out for?

Thanks

Andy
    Andy

Hi mate..

i will tell you now, if it is a good, solid runner - GET IT!

My mate has the identical Mav, and i promise you, it goes ANYWHERE! all he has done is put some big chunky muds on it, and beats nearly anything. He has pulled me out in my Surf a couple times, we even went on an off roading weekend to south Wales a few wks back, all mega mod'd Landy's, massive wheels, tyres, winches etc... yup, you guessed it, the old Maverick to the rescue again, pulled out a monster 90. he said that is gonna be his FB profile pic for EVER! haha

power to weight ratio is spot on!
    www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Yup...what he said. I was a passenger in a terrano...went bleedin everywhere.
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Winner. Thanks very much, I'll let you know if he gets it! It needs a fair bit of welding, but since my brother is a welder by trade, it shouldn't be a problem for him!

If it's that good, I might even get it for myself...

Cheers

Andy
        Andy

Comment

Do they have the Isuzu engine?

Comment

Originally posted by Animal Mother View Post
            Do they have the Isuzu engine?
            Nissan engine....... If its a manual, "D21" gearbox, then they're prone to burning out lay gears, and first motion shafts. also 5th gears. They also become noisy due to premature wear on all the g/ box bearings.....Cheers...Mick.
            " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
              Nissan engine....... If its a manual, "D21" gearbox, then they're prone to burning out lay gears, and first motion shafts. also 5th gears. They also become noisy due to premature wear on all the g/ box bearings.....Cheers...Mick.
              Thanks Mick, that's worth knowing about the gearbox.

Andy
              Andy

Comment

Working...
              X