Roll on tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll on tomorrow

My brother sold his flat in Edinburgh recently so he's staying with his missus. However she doesn't like dogs and won't let him bring his in to the house and even makes him sleep outside in the van (how can folk be so cruel?) so he's coming to stay with me for a while. This is ideal for me as I live in a castle which is supposedly haunted and now that we've closed for the winter it's only me living here I just hope he doesn't start growling at walls and stuff

Paul

Originally posted by PM0077 View Post
    This is ideal for me as I live in a castle

That is cool. Any photos? Links?

Comment

would love a night or two in a haunted castle,,
      Last edited by tonupteabag; 2 November 2010, 00:07.
      I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Animal Mother View Post

That is cool. Any photos? Links?
        Sadly I don't own it, it's a youth hostel and i'm a manager/head chef here but as we're now closed for the winter i'll be turning my hand to a bit of decorating (when i'm not away snowboarding that is). If you google Carbisdale Castle it you should get a bit of info on it as although it's only a hundred years old it has quite an interesting history. My mum was born a mile away so I was always up this way when I was growing up and I love it, especially at the moment as the colours of autumn are quite spectacular. Besides fiddling with the truck my other passion is fly fishing and I also sell flies that I make through a tackle shop in Helmsdale. The wages could be better mind but still mustn't grumble.

Here are a few pics.

And a couple of my flies

Comment

Is it Carbisdale Castle?
          Brian

Comment

A it is posted as I typed
            Brian

Comment

thats what i would call a ###### good occupation with the accomodation plus fly tying is an art in itself but to have that castle and the backdrop is awesome you lucky sod....
              I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                A it is posted as I typed
                It sure is, there's also some nice logging tracks just next door, not exactly the rough stuff but it'll do for starters

Comment

Originally posted by PM0077 View Post
                  . Besides fiddling with the truck my other passion is fly fishing and I also sell flies that I make through a tackle shop in Helmsdale. The wages could be better mind but still mustn't grumble.

And a couple of my flies

Nice flies, what have you used on the heads?

Cheers

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_D View Post
                    Nice flies, what have you used on the heads?

Cheers

Ben
                    Hi Ben, it's copper coloured Krystal flash, there's a list of the materials used here: http://www.salmonfishingforum.com/fo...ht=scap+shrimp

Paul

Comment

PITA job overwrapping tinsel on a head, thought you may be "Carbisdale Caster"!

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_D View Post
                        PITA job overwrapping tinsel on a head, thought you may be "Carbisdale Caster"!

Ben
                        Guilty as charged sir . If you varnish the thread first and allow it to get a bit tacky then it's a bit easier to wrap it but still fiddly

Comment

Working...
                        X