Jess
      "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
        2n half years later my speedo's just turned 160,00 miles = 100,00 miles

Jess
        Give it another 100,000 & you will have just about run it in.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Nice one Jess, so the veg is still ticking away then bro? excellent!
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
            Give it another 100,000 & you will have just about run it in.
            Here's to the next 100,00

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
            Nice one Jess, so the veg is still ticking away then bro? excellent!
            Thank Alan n yes no problem, minor hickup at the May Clog bash that's it ....
            Veg is more refined after 12 months .... n at 15 months now a (Simple's filtering technique) quicker n more readily available

Jess
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Hello Jess. Well done on that. Hooray for wvo, and b0ll0ck5 to the chancellor, eh?.....Do you fancy swapping any filtering / de-watering / blending tips and techniques?....Cheers....Mick.
              Last edited by MWS; 1 November 2010, 10:45.
              " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Hi Mike,
                I'll collect all the info I have (some of it is already on here) n from other contributors too ..meanwhile this may help if ya haven't already read em....
                in the Sticky threads about Veg !!
                http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15893
                http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55767

Jess
                Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 1 November 2010, 14:31.
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

Thanks for that, Jess. Iv'e already read all of those. Lots of stuff on all the veggie forums too. I'm Just interested to know which processing / blending techniques you pesonally prefer. Your'e obviously doing something right ....Cheers....Mick.

Comment

Firstly I must apologise for the lengthy post

NB.
                    Prior to August 2009, SVO was my main Fuel (1990 2.4 Surf) in quantities equivalent to WVO figures after August 2009

The Bulk of my WVO is 100% Peanut Oil, I also collect from Indian n Chinese outlets in smaller quantities but the process is the same 15 months on.
                    NB. all Filtering is cold

1st Filter
                    In early August 2009 I started filtering WVO through old tights removing batter n crackling etc) into old used clean SVO 20 litre containers n left to settle.

2nd Filter.
                    After 6 weeks empty the 20 litre containers (pre filtered) into the top one of the 2 empty, 3 litre SVO containers (see pics) in turn it’s filtered into the second 3 litre container where its collected into another used clean 20 litre container, filters on both 3 litre containers are Multi purpose absorbent cloth.
                    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/attachmen...4&d=1252398326

After 3 months of using 20 litre containers larger containers were needed as collection of WVO increased…

3rd Filter
                    With more absorbent cloth in a funnel now filter the 20 litre container oil into a 200 litre (storage) water butt (with tap fitted)

4th Filter
                    Use yet another empty 20 litre container for collection of filtering final oil through a coffee filter (in a funnel) from the 200 litre (storage) n in to ya 20 litre container.

I happily used this set up for about nine months (cumbersome as it was) it suited, until I was offered a smaller less complicated tried n tested setup
                    No Pics available atmo will post soon as …

So to sum up my last 6 months Filtration system

1. Filter through old tights removing batter n crackling etc
                    2. Filter (using multipurpose absorbent cloth) into 200 litre Storage Container n allow to settle.
                    3. Move to a large plastic Dustbin type (with lid) approx 100 litres via outlet to rubber hose
                    connected to a Citroen Xantia suspension unit from under the bonnet, drivers side
                    near the bulkhead) pics to follow… same as this item ..190460200204
                    Item specifics - Car Parts & Accessories
                    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=190460200204
                    4. Drain in to a 20 litre container adding 2 small yogurt pots full of ATF n ya good to go …

Jess
                    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Really interesting, Jess. Many thanks. The Xantia thingy intrigues me! Have you added any petrol to your wvo mix? do you have any de-watering tips?....Cheers....Mick.
                      Last edited by MWS; 2 November 2010, 08:58.

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                        Really interesting, Jess. Many thanks. The Xantia thingy intrigues me! Have you added any petrol to your wvo mix? do you have any de-watering tips?....Cheers....Mick.
                        Hi Mike,
                        I know this is of general interest to all but Cos this thread is in the General section n is unrelated to my original mileage post, I will be moving it to here.

I will in future make all updated relevant info n pics available in the "Sticky" Veg Oil thread started by (Paul) "Biosurf" originally where all interested parties can follow it here http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55767
                        Watch this space ....

Jess
                        Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 3 November 2010, 09:54.
                        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                        X