which product for leaky rad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which product for leaky rad?

hello peeps can you recomend any products for sorting out 3 small leaks in my rad.i dont really go for the ground pepper and egg white solution but i will give it a shot.cheers for any advice peeps .mike

Originally posted by purplebeard66 View Post
    hello peeps can you recomend any products for sorting out 3 small leaks in my rad.i dont really go for the ground pepper and egg white solution but i will give it a shot.cheers for any advice peeps .mike
    try k seal it is one of the best i have used you can get it in halfords and maybe your local car spares shop
    cheers shaun
    NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

If its leaking in a few places maybe its seen better days. ? Maybe get a new better condition rad. Cooling systems are somethin that should be in tip top condition.
      www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

i will get a new rad just need a temp fix for a week or two until i get payed from work

Comment

k seal

cheers shaun i will rush out and get some in a bit.happy halloween mate

Comment

Don't put any of that sealer shit in your cooling system. Buy a rad.
            Brian

Comment

i will get a new rad just need a temp fix for a week or two until i get payed from work
              Hopefully the 'temp' fix doesn't lead to the head cracking. good luck.
              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

i am kind of between a rock and a hard place because i need to use it for work but i wont have enough cash for 2 weeks.i get payed fortnightly by cheque so i am kind of 3 weeks in arears.

Comment

i am kind of between a rock and a hard place because i need to use it for work but i wont have enough cash for 2 weeks.i get payed fortnightly by cheque so i am kind of 3 weeks in arears.
                  You have two surfs in your sig?
                  Brian

Comment

New head from Roughtrax around £900 fitted by yourself, you do the math, get stormy to send you a decent rad, half hour to fit.
                    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Where is it leaking from, the top seam?

You can repair it with plumbers solder and flux.

Comment

Got a couple or three small holes in the top of mine. Was thinking of getting a plumber mate to sort it !

I just make sure mine is topped up, Rad weld does the trick but apparently clogs the system needing a good flush out when fixing.

Comment

Your transmission oil cooler is on the bottom of the rad. If perchance the coolant finds it's way into the trans fluid, it's pretty much game over foe your auto box. This has just happened to z hummer I know, who's cooling system is much more robust than a surf.
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                          X