3rd Gen Towbar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen Towbar?

I need to get a tow bar on my 3rd Gen surf, and was just wondering if anyone had any recomendations towards makes or fitting companies?

There's a few on eBay, but I thought I'd wait and see before I took the plunge.

Oh, and if anyone has one forsale, I could well be interested!

Cheers,

Curly

I & quite a few other members have this one.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FLANGE-TOWBAR-...item43a0a5eb01
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...t=fencing+wire

Comment

Thanks for your replies guys, the one on eBay doesn't look very strong. The welded part where the ball attaches looks flimsey, or am I wrong? Do you have a photo of it fitted?

Cheers,

Curly

Comment

The towbar you get is not the one shown in the ad.
          The one you receive is the same as the one in my link above that you've been looking at.

Comment

I bought a witter towbar and fitted it this afternoon. it is very well made, but seems to sit a bit low for my liking.

@ Bushwacker: do you have a photo of yours from the back at bumper height so i can see the gap between the top of the towbar and the bumper?

The witter towbar is pretty much exactly the same as the towequip one, but where the main towbar part bolts to the angle brackets fixed to the chassis, the holes are too low and not central if you get my meaning..?

i'm thinking of re dilling the holes in a higher position like the towequipe one.

Also, the wire going from one side to the other, whats that for? and where does it connect to?

cheers,

CURLY

Comment

Just went outside and took this photo, can take one in daylight if you prefer? There's about a 1" gap between the towbar and bumper.

The wire linking both indicators is for the warning beeper.

Comment

Just took these.

If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I have one on mine, brand new by the look of it. I'll be taking it off in the spring and it will be up for sale then.
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Thanks for the pics guys, mine is a bit lower than that, but not by much. So I'm happy with it now. All I need to do is wire it up. Not looking forward to that I can tell you!

Thanks again for your replies!

Curly

Comment

Working...
                    X