Number plate regs nearly lost Lucifer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pedantic twits!
    I though exhausts had to be "comparable to other "like" vehicles" - in this case all other V8 surfs, didn't know that rule had changed. I think they pulled you purely for the combination of things they "think" are illegal on such an outstanding truck.
    All are easy fixes though in the scheme of things - don't let 'em grind you down - life's too short.
    I had changable baffles in my last vehicle to change it from Fecking loud to just loud. Kept it on fecking loud all the time though, think it was about 101db at 3/4 rpm 0.5 m away from exhaust tip. Never had any problems with police at all though. Maybe I was lucky. Maybe I didn't have annoyed neighbours, hang on, I did, in fact one punched me! (true) had him done for assualt.
    I doubt the police would be so keen to follow up a "noisy neighbour" complaint though....think there's probably more to it than that, if it "is" your neighbours stirring it up. The cops told my attacker to keep a log of times and dates our car was annoying them and then to phone environmental health... In fact, the PC deffended my case, saying it was impossible to keep a big V8 so quiet, due to acceleration past their house, cold starts using higher rpms etc etc... Not all cops are R Soles. Thankfully.
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Is this what you're after?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Land-Range-Rov...item483d4b2999

Anyone in Notts that can pick up and post?
      “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

i could get that modified to fit easy enough.
        If there is anyone around that area willing to collect it and maybe cut back the 2 long sections so theres about 2' that would be ideal

cheers and thanks Lee
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

My plates are blank other than reg number, didn't know there should be anything other than this on there, thought it was a problem if there was other stuff on them not the other way around.

Cheers

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_D View Post
            My plates are blank other than reg number, didn't know there should be anything other than this on there, thought it was a problem if there was other stuff on them not the other way around.

Cheers

Ben
            NAh, if someone was being a jobsworth its not legal, it shouldn't really pass an MOT,

The British Standard also requires each number plate to be permanently and legibly marked with the following information:

* The British Standard number (currently BS AU 145d)
            * The name, trademark or other means of identification of the manufacturer or component supplier (The company that made the plate)
            * Name and postcode of the supplying outlet.
            I have an 'apache' sticker on bonnet for front number plate, as no room with winch bumper and winch, but have the old one in car with two spring clips so it fits on winch fairlead rollers in cas of fuss being made.

As for the exhaust noise, its in the hands of the MOT man or plod, a loud modified exhaust can 'technically' illegal, even if its quieter than a stock exhaust on something like a TVR, it why its never worth argueing or being caught doing something stupid, you're in their hands as to how hard things get.

I know people in the ProStreet and other custom car scenes who just get their car SVA'ed regardless, so if you get pulled you can prove its all legal.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Your not alone Rich, I got stopped about 5 months ago n before my MOT was due (water ingress) got a new Coshe (Oblong) front plate but wouldn't fit between Fog lights, so trimmed it (about 2" of each side but needed to cut old no plate Makers name including BS no from old plate n stuck it on new en ... Also my rear plate has loads of space (see pic) I have put 3" square Harley sticker to the side(not shown on this plate) No probs .....
              Look here curtsey of SMC

http://www.scottishmudclub.com/forum...php?f=3&t=1419

Jess
              "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 30 October 2010, 23:44.
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post

Use some think rubber (like cut from a water tank) riveted to the underside of the arches, it only needs to cover the tread, not the bulge or the side wall.
                So only the tread needs to be covered by the arch? i ask because i just put bigger wheels and tyres on my surf and they do stick out a little but its just the bulge of the sidewall and not the actual tread.

Comment

I think the upshot of this thread is they should perhaps go out and arrest some of these tw@ts with no insurance, no MOT, no tax etc who probably cant drive and will likely crash into some poor innocent bringing their kids home from Brownies or whatever, and stop fannying around with law abiding folk who are easy pickings.

Usual thing though - path of least resistance. Its easier to spend your day in the car outside Costa Coffee and fill your quota in the last hour of your shift. Lazy feckers.
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_D View Post

Cheers

Ben

I had this plate on the front of the 'Batmobile' for two years, passed two MOTs like it and never got pulled.

I painted the top and bottom edges on the rear plate too.....

hey Richard, seeing as you ignored my last link, here's another one......
                    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHEAPEST-GB-NU...item56409282c2

I buy my plates from them, they're very good quality, are kite marked and if you order before 1pm they arrive the next morning!
                    You can even order two rear or two front plates, with different numbers if you wish.

Comment

I pootled about on my home made plates, got looked at by plod a few times - only to admire the car - and never had any issues. Who knows what goes on in those tiny minds eh?

Batmobile my arse!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                        I pootled about on my home made plates, got looked at by plod a few times - only to admire the car - and never had any issues. Who knows what goes on in those tiny minds eh?

Batmobile my arse!

I didn't christen it.

Comment

I was just trying to think of some sort of creature that ate bats but couldn't so just chose 'my arse'

Feck that thing was quick - too quick for me! I'll never forget that feeling of the machine being at the entrance to the next corner while my brain was still at the apex of the previous one.
                          Last edited by Apache; 31 October 2010, 00:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post

Feck that thing was quick - too quick for me! I'll never forget that feeling of the machine being at the entrance to the next corner while my brain was still at the apex of the previous one.

Shouldn't you be looking for a 2.4 then ???

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

When you drive a heavily modded vehicle, you are just another chav in a corsa as far as plod is concerned. They have no way of knowing any different and lets face it, nobody loves the chav in the corsa/saxo. If its any consolation, they will be getting stopped as well. The number plate regs are quite clear and are on the DVLA website. As Tony says, the easiest thing is simply to sort it all and move on. It all seems very petty, but the fixes are all easy.

Bogus
                              Сви можемо

Comment

I got away with this for a while on the bike
                                Attached Files
                                My brakes dont work, so i made the horn louder.

Comment

Working...
                                X