Number plate regs nearly lost Lucifer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number plate regs nearly lost Lucifer

Does anyone know what the reulations are for number plates.I have just been pulled in Lucifer and he is now not allowed on the road till i get the wheel arches sorted,the exhaust is illegal and the number plates are illegal.There is no company name or something on the plates stating where they were made or something and also i am not allowed to have Lucifer written on then either.
    On the rear plate i am not allowed to have the plastic effect barb wire around the rear plate as the coppers said it was obscurring the plate.The wire effect is on the edge of the place and not touching any of the digits on the plate
    I have basically escaped a good 2k at least fine and losing the truck and having it towed at my own expence and alo a 2 day full vosa inspection at my expence and losing Lucifer for a year.
    What do you guys think.
    Also any of you Lexurf guys be careful on what exhaust system you got fitted aswell as the police are doing a nationwide sweep on noisey exhaust
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

sounds scary
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

That's not only scary if it's correct then a significant number of vehicles across the country are running illegally !

As far as I know the numberplate regs were changed relatively recently and aren't retrospective - it'd be worth checking with somebody that knows cos the Police have a track record for telling porkies sometimes ... Did they check the exhaust noise with a meter or were they just using the mark one ear ?

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

They followed me for about 2 miles.I have just gone and checked the regs regarding these 3 issues and the exhaust has to by law have a muffler,The numberplates are not allowed anything apart from the plate manufacture details and the tyres i knew were against the law due to sticking out to far.What i can't get is the fact that the plastic barb wire around the rear numberplate isn't allowed.
        I will just fit some inline silencers and widen the arches which i got someone making some anyway.I'll just have to get some new numberplates aswell.

Comment

I know its all changed recently, the VW guys have been runing german style plates and getting a lot of trouble

i thought you could only risk loosing the vehicle if a repeat offender..

best bet, get a legal plate on for daily use - not point in risking it for a piece of plastic..

As to tyres, dont they have to under the arches as a vertical line... Wasnt aware of any impending issues regarding noisy exhausts tho - especially with all the subaru's and chavs in their corsa's everywhere...

Comment

pc plod doing his best to ruin another happy day.

i wish they were as good at catching bad guys instead of picking on the easy target thats gets their monthly quotas in.

nothing else to say on the matter

------ im a little

Comment

I always thought that if an exhaust was made up then it had to be to the regs anyway.I know there are some end bits that slide into the end of the exhaust which is meant to quieten it down but when i got to the unit i fitted them and it never made much difference.
              The thing is i need Lucifer to be legal as i have a booking for the 8/01/11 for a charity so i have to comply with the police.I am still going to keep the numberplates i got now and use them for static shows as they have Lucifer written on them.
              The exhaust i will have modified to quiten it for road use and for shows i will have the silencers taken off and the straight pipe put back on

Comment

Fecking jobsworths!

They've had a slow day today and need something to show they've met their daily quota. You were an easy target, nothing else.

Comment

lucifers exhaust

you could always fit the mufflers and have an exhaust cut out for shows. it would save you work pulling mufflers on and off - they work on an old style choke cable and are easy to fit.

just an idea hope it helps

Comment

Cant remember the exact numbers Rich, but there has to be a certain amount of space around the letters on the plate (15mm rings a bell, but check). Is the barbed wire closer than that to the letters?
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Cheers Gary i will look into that and see what i can come up with.
                      The thing is the police have stated that if the truck is seen out on the road then it will be pulled and towed away.How the hell am i to get the truck to an exhaust centre if i'm not allowed to drive it there

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                        Cant remember the exact numbers Rich, but there has to be a certain amount of space around the letters on the plate (15mm rings a bell, but check). Is the barbed wire closer than that to the letters?
                        I will check on that next week Andy but they stated i wasn't allowed to have Lucifer on the plates in small writting

Comment

That one sounds like a stupid rule - but, rules is rules!

As far as the exhaust goes, if you book an appointment, surely if they stop you on the way there and you have proof thats where you're going they wouldn't do you? Give them a ring and ask? Presumably they gave you some paperwork this time?
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

The police did say to me that i wasn't pulled for driving stupid but when i was followed before they were to far behind or the wrong side of the road to be able to pull me over.They had to get another copper in a plain unmarked volvo who was up on the rgs tho to come out and look over the truck and it was this copper that said about the things i said about and all the different fines and points that i am going to have.
                            The police that actually pulled me over said they were happy to give me a hour to get Lucifer back to the unit and off the road till the work was sorted.If Lucifer is seen out on the road beforehand then its instant towing

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                              That one sounds like a stupid rule - but, rules is rules!

As far as the exhaust goes, if you book an appointment, surely if they stop you on the way there and you have proof thats where you're going they wouldn't do you? Give them a ring and ask? Presumably they gave you some paperwork this time?
                              No paperwork was issued as they never gave me a timeline to have it done by.They just said to keep Lucifer off the road till its done.
                              They did say they were putting it on their system to all police and if the truck is seen on the road then it has to be pulled

They did state to me that if i was one of the argumentative types then i would of been booked etc there and then but i think i got off lighlty as i just agreed to what was said and had a laugh and joke with them
                              Last edited by stormforce; 30 October 2010, 17:02.

Comment

Working...
                              X