No announcement yet.

Traveling To Buy A Vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flew from Belfast to Newcastle (Easyjet). Picked up the Surf. Drove to Stranraer (152 mile) and jumped on the Fast Ferry (HSS) to Belfast. Was home for 20:30 and cost £130 all in (does not include the Surf). I think if you worked out the total miles travelled and where to drive this it would cost far more in Diesel alone!!!...................... .............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. ....Maybe not. Distance travelled was approx 400 miles.
    Last edited by GBV8; 26 October 2010, 20:11.

Comment

Go, don't go. Deliver, collect.

I am as bad as you lot, now I have gave in and posted in this thread.
      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
        Still, it's not everyones cup of tea I suppose. Has anyone else travelled a fair distance to pick up a vehicle (apart from Richard of course, who tours the country!)
        Never had a problem travelling to pick up the right motor. 1st Hilux i owned involved two trips to weston supermare 1 to view it and 1 to collect 3 weeks later. I even took the missus and 2 kids with me

Comment

save the fish
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
            Never had a problem travelling to pick up the right motor. 1st Hilux i owned involved two trips to weston supermare 1 to view it and 1 to collect 3 weeks later. I even took the missus and 2 kids with me
            My missus always drops me off when I buy a new car.... untill the most recent, it's always been fun lead footing it and seeing the mrs when she eventually gets home....

....untill the 400bhp monaro she was driving, decided "tootling along" behind the Surf "Blasting along" at 70 ahem mph, was a bit boring.
            My tea was on the table by the time I got back...
            "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Well looks like its 358miles to yours Jim...... thats going to be a long long LONG way by bus!!!!!

On the plus side two tickets one way for a total of £39! See you Saturday

Comment

week saturday that is ...... losing track of time - its been a long week!

Comment

Nice one Glynn. Make some sandwiches and load the Ipod up with some music to keep you entertained on the way up!

See you on the 13th.
                  'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfAWReBmxEs
                    driving music get the full album

Comment

this is a good lexurf song
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRt3P...e=more_related

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                        Yep, I was after the 3rd gen that Surf01 had advertised in the For Sale section. Rang him and emailed Andy (Apache) about it.

Unfortunately it's gone now!
                        Come buy mine, will pick you up from the station and give you dinner.
                        Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

all those beat me.

most distance i have travelled for a car is bristol! i live near exeter.

when i bought a mazda 323f...
                          My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

600mls round trip to buy a mercedes 320 sportline definately not one of my better ideas.....
                            I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Aberdeen to Somewhere south of Birmingham to pick up my Surf, blagged a lift to Edinburgh, flew to Manchester and got a lift from manchester down south with my folks. Drive Surf back, it was about Manchester on the way back I realised how thirsty these things are. Only time I've ever really sat at 85 mph in it on the motorway. No problems with car or seller, I could tell by taking to the guy that it had been well looked after.

Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X