Traveling To Buy A Vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gra trumps all with that one I think!

Travelled 300 mile round trip for my first Celica,about 250 miles round trip for the GT-Four, about 200 miles round trip for my MR2, about 300 for my CRX and about 200 miles for my 2nd gen. It was about 250 round trip for my 3rd gen.

Nearest has been about 3 miles for a Rover 200! BAD move! The thing dissolved overnight! About 5 miles for Vicki's Polo - one of the most reliable cars I've ever known!
    Last edited by Apache; 25 October 2010, 22:48.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Well, if we're talking round trips....

14 miles for the 2nd gen.
      160 miles for the 3rd gen.
      340 miles for the 'Batmobile'

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        Well, if we're talking round trips....

14 miles for the 2nd gen.
        160 miles for the 3rd gen.
        360 miles for the 'Batmobile'
        Ah, I see how that works... a round trip is double...
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          Ah, I see how that works... a round trip is double...

It's 340 miles for the 'batmobile', got lost on the way there, poxy Leicester!

Comment

I traveled from Wakefield to Bristol for my surf that I'd never seen other than pics, the drive back all that way on the motorway was interesting

I traveled from wakefield to ashford in Kent for my old MV Agusta because they were the only dealers in England at the time
            My brakes dont work, so i made the horn louder.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
              Gra trumps all with that one I think!
              Well, I lived in Canada when I bought my Dodge there, so I suppose that doesn't count, but I did drive it 5000 miles from Vancouver to Halifax to ship it back to England!

Andy
              Andy

Comment

You win.
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Pah...............

Dunoon,Argyll,Scotlandshire to Helston,Cornwall.

1200 mile round trip in a transit pickup with a leaking sump !!!!!! All in 24 Hours non stop to pick up an Zuk SJ. Everytime we stoped for fuel the oil pee's out of sump,so it was underneath with a bottle to catch it and pour back in before we set off. Drove through the night,-7 degrees outside,set of ramps and a sthil saw on the back........amazed we never got pulled !!

1200 miles,200lts fuel and 15lts of oil !!!!

Done,Dunoon to Northampton for my Daihatsu Rugger and Dunoon to Newcastle for 3rd gen Surf. Gotta travel when you live in the sticks !!
                  www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

I bought my first car from our next door neighbour, do I win a prize for the shortest distance? It was a semi-detached house by the way.

Comment

I travelled from North Wales to Cumbria to get my Surf as it was one of only a few manuals on the market at the time.

A few days later I drove across the country to Norfolk and blew the turbo on the way so next day drove all the way back to Birmingham (in my dad's car) to get a second hand turbo, then back to Norfolk and then once fitted straight back to North Wales...

Matt

Comment

Let's see if this works...
                        I Drove a Bedford Duple Coach (ex 52 seater) stockcar transporter to the Ukraine with a lada on board (1250 miles) n came back by pay bus, long story !!
                        Drove a Lada 1200 sport to Ukraine to collect the said Coach (we left behind for repairs) don't ask... which we then drove home all in 6 weeks n after a 2 week holiday as well ...

oh almost forgot me latest Surf ebay jobby, (now owned it over 2 n half years) collected from the Wirral 400 mile round Trip !!

Jess
                        "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
                        Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 26 October 2010, 00:28.
                        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Mr

Flew up to Scotland for my latest truck to Edingburgh
                          Enjoying Life after Cancer
                          Pops

Comment

OK!
                            I bought my Range Rover off eblag from an English guy who lived in Sweeden with his sweedish girlfriend,he had bought the Range Rover to tow his boat over,and no longer needed it.I flew to Stansted,then Stansted out to Copenhagen,paid cash in the airport car park,drove through Saturday night via the Putgarten ferry, Denmark,Germany,Holland,Belgiu m, and into France. 1000 miles one way, and I made it to the Pub for Sunday lunch!

This year I done a deal over the phone for a 4Runner,and flew from Limoges to Stanstead,and met and paid the guy there. The fly in the ointment was my dopey mate decieded to buy a Surf off Eblag and came with me,and I had to drive him,after buying my 4Runner,to Andover,negotiating the M25 on a Friday afternoon! We eventually made the 23:30 ferry Dover to Calais,and drove the 400 miles home via Paris Friday into Saturday morning!
                            Arrived home at 9 am. I'll never forget my kids face when he saw the "Monster" truck for the first time (well when your 3 foot tall!!!!!)

Regards

Mark

Comment

Devon to Bolton was as far as I went to buy a Surf. Selling vehicles is another matter though......
                              In June my Alfa 156 sold on Ebay for £650 to a lad who drove it straight to Lithuania.
                              In March my wife's Honda C90 was collected by a young lady and taken to Bulgaria.
                              A few years ago my Norton Commando sold to a sheik in Saudi who sent a servant in a van to collect it! (Best deal ever. Bought for £900 and sold 3 years and 20,000 miles later for £6500!)

Comment

my mate likes to buy cars from far places its never close
                                last one was a fiesta turbo from aberdeen
                                what he failed to say all the way there is that its a non runner
                                i ended up towing it back here
                                then he got an engine for this fiesta turbo in redhill surry
                                he failed to say again that it was still in a fiesta that also did not run
                                so towed it again

after a while he got a sports car of some kind in newquay
                                i turned back at kent
                                it was a non runner took me while kent to get it out of him
                                when i worked i was in -15c to -20c in peterhead at around november a few years back
                                i had a phone call while there saying can you be in newquay for 7.30 in the morning george
                                i had just finished my shift it was coming up to 7.30 in the evening
                                i did say i cant make it but was told to set off anyway (extra pay)
                                took 16 hours to get there 6 hours of that i was sat in traffic on the m6 coz of a crash
                                the rest of the roads were empty up till about 5 in the morning
                                but it was nice weather when i got there far better than up north man i was cold up there
                                then it was shirt off weather
                                Last edited by JUDWAK; 26 October 2010, 10:05.
                                am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Working...
                                X