• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
    How does the altitude controller work?
    I cant get a grip with any of those controls, non ofthem make sense to me

Comment

Originally posted by toyota hilux View Post
      I cant get a grip with any of those controls, non ofthem make sense to me
      When your at the coast "sea level" set the altometer? to zero then when you start to drive inland it will give you your presant altitude.

Borometer is a pile of shite though, can't make head nor tail of it.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

has it not got the "rain", "fair", "sunny" designation to help you out then, bl00dy tart machines, what happened to the real men of this site who didn't need the hair driers/tongs and other 3rd gen gubbins.

Anyhow, got to go do the shopping, I've been called.

"Sorry Dear, I'm just coming"H

Comment

Hang a bit of seaweed on your door mirror if you need a weather report.

Comment

LOL, Scopion you should know better, this thread will go the same as others, there is very little rhyme or reason the spec levels on Surfs, of any Gen.

I have a SSR-X here with power rear mirrror/spoiler, carbon trim, compass thingy, wind deflectors, tilt n' slide sun roof, twin batteries, power folding wing mirrors, etc......

Just find one you like, with the gadgets you want, and ignore what it says on the back.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thats the stuff Tony, now convince him that he should p/x with me and jobs a good one !
              Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
                Thats the stuff Tony, now convince him that he should p/x with me and jobs a good one !
                I'd be interested in part ex John, depending on details. Money your way of course!
                'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/96N-TOYOTA-HIL...item4153aefd50

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                    When your at the coast "sea level" set the altometer? to zero then when you start to drive inland it will give you your presant altitude.

Borometer is a pile of shite though, can't make head nor tail of it.
                    I live on the coast, how do you set the altometer to zero?

Thanks,
                    Bails.

Comment

The 96 ssrg i sold to Surfer Ross also had electric folding mirrors and also heated.It has the compass thing in the roof with r/v mirror aswell
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by bails View Post
                        I live on the coast, how do you set the altometer to zero?

Thanks,
                        Bails.
                        The altimeter reads in metres above/below Mean Sea Level (MSL), at median tide. If you find out what the barometric pressure is in the area you live in, you use this to set the altimeter and it'll work the rest out by itself. If you're interested, it adds or subtracts the difference between the local altimeter setting and standard air pressure of 1013.4Hpa and uses this figure to work out your altitude above mean sea level. Its not accurate unless you know the local barometer setting and this changes hour by hour, day by day.

An aviation METAR is the best source for the local barometric pressure setting, you can get one here: http://aviationweather.gov/adds/metars/ All you need is 4 digit ICAO identifier code of your nearest airport, which you can find here: http://www.airlinecodes.co.uk/aptcodesearch.asp
                        En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                          The 96 ssrg i sold to Surfer Ross also had electric folding mirrors and also heated.It has the compass thing in the roof with r/v mirror aswell
                          and rear/side window heat and parking sensors

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer Ross View Post
                            Oh yea i forgot all about the boot side windows were heated aswell Ross.One of the only surfs that i know of that has it on
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer Ross View Post
                              Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                              Oh yea i forgot all about the boot side windows were heated aswell Ross.One of the only surfs that i know of that has it on

Sorry to burst your bubbles guys, but they're not heating elements, they're aerials.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                                Sorry to burst your bubbles guys, but they're not heating elements, they're aerials.
                                Are you sure Vince? It still has the electric aerial in the front wing too. What would the back ones be for?

Comment

Working...
                                X