4 years and 2 months later...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 years and 2 months later...

I've just gotten my first Surf and somewhere to hang my stickers!

There was a false dawn earlier this year but I'm now the owner of Andy's SSR-G 185. The seven hours and 450 miles of driving on Saturday were made easier by doing half of them with a grin on my face.

So far it has exceeded my expectations on every front.

And it's only taken me one day to scrape the corner It was going in to the get the alloys redone anyway... "The Surf God giveth, the Surf God taketh away..."

Still grinning though . Will post pics when everything is done, before I have to park at Argos again...

In the meantime can anyone advise on a decent garage around Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire? (the search function is down since the board move but IIRC there was a mention of one around Long Eaton)

The cambelt has been done but I want to keep it tip-top - what are the recommended fluid and filter change intervals?

Thanks for any feedback - see you out there!
    Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Excellent!
    Wow, seven hours and 450 miles?
    Good job you're not a single parent with a two year old to drag around, or you could still be waiting for a truck to turn up at your door!

No idea of any garages in your area, but things like fluid changes and timing belt change are not too difficult to do yourself. At least you'll know it's actually been done. (with guidance off here of course, seeing as you're a paid up member)

Comment

Roughtrax have a KZN185 helpful info sheet available to download off their website. Various useful stuff.
      When I got mine 4 months ago, I changed all the fluids to be certain of their provenance.

Comment

Nice one Jim, glad you got sorted
        Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

I did the front and rear diffs and transfer box this year, the gearbox was done end of last year but only a drop and re-fill, so it's worth doing again, don't forget if you do them again that it's a rear LSD, and as I said on Saturday the coolant will need doing soon.

Glad your happy with it and hope you didn't do too much damage.

Comment

Thanks Andy - couldn't remember what would need doing first. Should have written it down.

Sorry about the scratch...

...nothing serious, I couldn't see a low bollard on the passenger side. Just grazed the corner of the bumper. They are doing it this week when they refurb the alloys. I'll be very careful now.

Oh yeah, the yellow fogs don't work - unless I need some other combination of lights on first? (I've tried them all, I think) - may be a fuse?
            Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
              A 6th former hacked into the school computer network last year and made that image the desktop wallpaper on every computer on site. I thought it was actually quite amusing. The IT department (and the headmaster) did not.

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post

Oh yeah, the yellow fogs don't work - unless I need some other combination of lights on first? (I've tried them all, I think) - may be a fuse?
                Have a look at the connectors behind the grill, they were working but remember that I cable tied the wires up a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                X