explain the search function??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• explain the search function??

can somebody on here please explain to me how to use the search function for multiple word searches on here?
    For example - tonight I searched for "change cam belt" - the search function ignored the word "cam" as it was "too short" and then returned over 500 posts that included he word "belt" or "change" or both.
    how do i get results that only include all three words
    ..........or better still has anybody done a write up of cam belt change?
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Originally posted by jaky cakes View Post
    can somebody on here please explain to me how to use the search function for multiple word searches on here?
    For example - tonight I searched for "change cam belt" - the search function ignored the word "cam" as it was "too short" and then returned over 500 posts that included he word "belt" or "change" or both.
    how do i get results that only include all three words
    ..........or better still has anybody done a write up of cam belt change?
    Use the google search button at the top of the page rather than the forum search button - that way the word "cam" doesn't get ignored.

Comment

never used that before so i tried it out.
      every search result comes back with 404 not found???????

Comment

have you tried the google search link at the top?

3.0 cam belts are easy, remove passenger side battery, 4 bolts and 2 clips to get the cambelt cover off, line up the timing marks with a spanner on the crank, undo and inspect tensioner for leaks, inspect idler bearing, remove belt, fit new belt keeping it tight from cam to pump pullys, reset tensioner in vice with rivet or something small, refit tensioner, pull out rivet, turn engine one or two revolutions by hand and check timing marks, refit cover, all done.

You can get to it all quite easily.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks for that Tony - much appreciated.
          Wanted to ask is there anything else i could/should change whilst i'm in there? My coolant is due for a change so was thinking about changing the thermostat and water pump at same time.

Comment

Thanks for that Tony - much appreciated.
            Wanted to ask is there anything else i could/should change whilst i'm in there? My coolant is due for a change so was thinking about changing the thermostat and water pump at same time.
            You could do all that, but you won't disturb any of it doing the belt, the pump is only normally an issue if the seals are leaking or bearing noisey, the stat is worth doing though, but isn't anywhere near the cam belt.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
              the pump is only normally an issue if the seals are leaking or bearing noisey, .
              I've been getting a weird noise for a while mainly when coasting or backing off the throttle can only hear it when the stereo is off.It sounds like somebody playing a recorder very quietly - the same note repeatedly in 1 second bursts.

may just be a small child trapped in there!!

Comment

never used that before so i tried it out.
                every search result comes back with 404 not found???????
                In the address bar just delete the bit that says "/forums" and press enter...

eg. http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...t=11762&page=2

Becomes http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11762&page=2

...et voila!

Comment

Working...
                X