Newbie very happy, but query on engine intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie very happy, but query on engine intake

Hi, thought I’d show the pics of my new beast, a ’93 3L sssrx limited in black with the black interior. Bought direct from Japan, and turned up with 16” alloys with new Dunlop m&s’s, full set of pro-comp’s uprated rear springs/panhard rod and very clean. I’ve had it a week on haven’t stopped smiling.

Anyway, whilst I was under the bonnet checking things, as you do, I noticed this unpluged hole in the air filter trucking. Now I presume that a pipe to maybe the crankcase should be fitted into it, but I can’t find where and I can’t find any pics on the net that show this bit of the engine bay. I’ve plugged the hole for now, but would like to know what should be there.

Can someone look at their 3L and check for me.

Rob.
    Attached Files

I'm not sure, but on my 2.4 it looks like an air flow sensor in that hole.

Comment

the hole

on my 2.4 the hole that you've placed the screw driver in is the air intake temperature sensor if tou look towards the engine you should find a 2 pin plug for the sensor

Comment

Just checked my surf and took these pics .I have same surf as you so I hope it helps
        Attached Files
        I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

thanks guys

well, I checked last night, and what did I find hidden under the air filter but a length of black cable and a plug on the end which just happened to fit into the hole. result.

thanks guys, I wouldn't of even looked for that!

Rob.

Comment

Working...
          X