Kzn185

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kzn185

I reckon my truck (KZN130) is coming to the end of its economical working life. She's more than a bit tatty and half the electrics don't work. There is a KZN185 up for sale near me. I do like the look of it, but what are the differences between this and the KZN130? I know its based on the Land Cruiser chassis, but that's about all.
    What sort of dough would it command? N reg 1986 60,000- In very good nick with 12 months MOT.
    Ta!

Thats the change over year/reg from the 2nd gen to 3rd gen so price wise £2500 max.It will probably be more like the 2nd gen trans box etc in it aswell
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

N reg will be 96 probably. 3000 to 3700 depending on condition and whether its got the intercooler. Its highly unlikely it will have the 2nd gen drivetrain, but worth looking out for in any case.

Bogus
      Сви можемо

Comment

after reading your reply Bogus i noticed i put 2500 max instead of 3500 max
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
          after reading your reply Bogus i noticed i put 2500 max instead of 3500 max
          I did wonder at your valuation. thought youd gotten really mean

Bogus
          Сви можемо

Comment

I got my 97 SSRX Gen 3 for £3000 in June. Excellent order (on the surface) with 94k miles.
            A problem with the cylinder head surfaced after about 1500 miles which needed sorting out. Very pleased with it now.
            Cheers,
            Mark

Comment

Whats the difference between the 2 engines? Anything to look out for on the 185?

Comment

Originally posted by Neil.a View Post
                Whats the difference between the 2 engines? Anything to look out for on the 185?
                the kzn 185 tends to have less problems with engine head etc. Have a look on here to research the difference. the option pack also makes a difference and some come with cruise control, which I only found out after I bought mine (without it).

most have the awd/4wd however some have different setup. again have a look on here and compare the one your looking at.

Have fun

oh about £3500 to £4500 depending on condition and options etc
                If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Neil.a View Post
                  One's a 3 litre diesel, one's a 2.7 petrol, one's a 3.4 V6 petrol. The 3 litre diesel is the same as the one in the 2nd gen. Main difference between 2nd and 3rd generation is that almost all 3rd gen (185s) have a centre diff so you can drive in 4wd all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by mckirdy-services View Post
                    the kzn 185 tends to have less problems with engine head etc.
                    So far.
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

So, its still indirect injection, a Nippon Denso injector pump and ok for Veg?!

Comment

Yes. Run out of veg? No problems, they'll pump rocks.
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Reminds me, I have filtering kit / hoses etc for waste veg if anyone wants to collect it.

I dont need it now as I have the more modern, more fuel efficient, quieter 3RZ-FE petrol engine.
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Are the fuel and oil filters the same? I have a box full!

Comment

Nope. Totally different engine.
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                              X