Off roading in Cornwall...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off roading in Cornwall...

Hi, I'm based in Dobwalls near Liskeard and have been looking for local off roading clubs but they all seem to be aimed at L**d R***rs. I was wondering if anybody fancied meeting up at some point for a bit of laning or maybe a pay and play day? I keep breaking the first rule of green laning and going alone.

Does anybody already organise any meets/gatherings in this part of the country that I have over looked?

Cheers, Lewis...

Originally posted by lew View Post
    I keep breaking the first rule of green laning and going alone.
    Can't imagine everyone waits until someone else has the time and inclination to go before they do a bit of laning. I never have but then it's personal choice how much we push our luck. But i would make sure i carry a tow strap, bit embarrassing to ask a passer by/ cheery (sic) farmer for a pull out and then have to ask them to source some rope first. But in quite a few attempts i've only once got a surf proper stuck that required a pull out, and a few times a bit of sweating and swearing needed but done the job. Just adds to the adrenaline rush going without a safety (more convenience?) net.
    PM ME IF YOU'RE SELLING A 2ND GEN 3.0TD...

Comment

Couldn't agree more, I always carry a tow rope and normally a box of big ratchet straps just in case. I haven't got it 'very' stuck yet but it is always a worry. Thanks for the reply and good luck with the surf hunting..

Comment

Get a tirfor

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/__tirfo...=228459_228460
        ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
          I got a combination of a farm jack and a heavy duty ratchet strap which together can be made to work the same though you can't go far without having to reset it, does for infrequent use and both are multipurpose. As you must know if you're on the plain the problem is usually nothing to tie it to. What do you use and can it be used singlehanded?
          PM ME IF YOU'RE SELLING A 2ND GEN 3.0TD...

Comment

Originally posted by lew View Post
            Hi, I'm based in Dobwalls near Liskeard and have been looking for local off roading clubs but they all seem to be aimed at L**d R***rs. I was wondering if anybody fancied meeting up at some point for a bit of laning or maybe a pay and play day? I keep breaking the first rule of green laning and going alone.

Does anybody already organise any meets/gatherings in this part of the country that I have over looked?

Cheers, Lewis...

Ohh...

I've been thinking about doing some of the lane between Plymouth and St Austell at some point
            My other cars a QUAD
            (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
            http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

ground anchor ...... a bit of metal with a d shackel and spiked into the groung
              ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by sv1000spilot View Post
                Ohh...

I've been thinking about doing some of the lane between Plymouth and St Austell at some point
                That sounds good, have you done any of it before? Let me know when you fancy it and we'll meet up. Cheers, lewis

Comment

Working...
                X