Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride hieght

Hi,
    I think i might have a problem with my rear springs. The back seems to sit quite a bit lower than the front. I could measure it out if that would help, or put up a picture ?

I have seen some nice springs on Roughtrax. How easy are they to fit and would i need to alter my brake pipes due to the 2" upping ? Could i do it straight of the wheel jack or would i need some axle stands or blocks?

Thanks for any assistance in advance

You have(almost certainly), a saggy arse.yoga and a high fibre diet should sort it.

seriously, do a search on the subject, you'll get everything you need.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Springs are relatively easy (I've done it on two different surfs and twice on one after my sister managed to break a spring)

You shouldn't need to extend your brake lines for a +2 job (it will work out about +1.5). Get yourself some spring compressors, and a second person to manipulate the axle helps.

DO NOT do this job using jacks only. I always put axle stands under the chasis rails (I specifically got some large enough to reach).
      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Yeah, search function. It's good but there is so much other stuff in there as well, i find it hard work , especially all the knitting talk !

Comment

Fitted these to mine 3 years ago, still sitting level.

£47 + VAT and delivery.
          'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by western uk View Post
            Yeah, search function. It's good but there is so much other stuff in there as well, i find it hard work , especially all the knitting talk !
            I know what you mean, it's much easier to have us do it for you
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Hi Albanach,
              Yeah mate if you dont mind helping out a bit !

Comment

I did help out but it seems my advice isn't worth commenting on?
                'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

I didn't help out because I've been through this exact same discussion on here and there is no definative answer (at least I didn't get one)

However I believe the back should sit a bit lower than the front (if you are looking at wheel arch heights) the back should probably be sitting around 12"s from top of 15" rim to underside of wheel arch and the front around 13"s

Roughtrax +2" springs on the rear will level it out (you might have to adjust front up a bit) I fitted them and am now sitting at about 13.75" all round
                  “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Hi Scorpion,
                    Sorry i missed that, thanks for putting that up ! yes they look like good value !

Hi PuddleSurfer,
                    Thanks for those ride height details, Still don't know weather to up rate the original height springs or go with the extra 2" lift. My plight is i do have to carry some heavy kit Being a Carpenter and would like to beef it up a bit. I'll measure it out and maybe you could give me the best advice for my situation.

Thanks Chaps !!!!!

Comment

Get the +2's they're much beefier than standard - they have 7 coils instead of 6 and are of thicker steel - if you stand them next to each other they appear same height but don't compress as much under weight of truck.

Comment

Hi Mate,

Thanks for the advice, I'll have to get the rest of the kit together to do it as well ! The spring clamps I've sussed from machine mart,

Not sure weather i need the axle stands? I only have the Jack that's supplied with the car will that do ?

Comment

Hi Mate,

Thanks for the advice, I'll have to get the rest of the kit together to do it as well ! The spring clamps I've sussed from machine mart,

Not sure weather i need the axle stands? I only have the Jack that's supplied with the car will that do ?
                          Yes you do need axle stands - you should never work off a jack - It makes a right mess if it slips, I once saw a transit van slip off a jack on to someones arm - luckily he'd just put the wheel back on and it just crushed his arm a bit (bruised but not broken) if the wheel had still been off the brake disc would have sliced his arm off!

Comment

You're kidding, right?
                            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

After reading lots of threads in the seach function there were lots of contradicting methods, Do drivers side first Yes got that! remove brake pipe coupling from axle to allow movement when droping axle to fit springs.

Maybe the whole job will become clearer to me when i get my workshop manual from Roughtrax.Hopefully it's in there ?

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X