Possible Northern Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Northern Site

As the guys from the Moor Romp know, I have had contact with a person who may be able to give us access to land (even may need building from scratch). I have contacted the person today and am going looking at the site on Saturday. Will take camera and take shots, discuss all items etc.

Already discussed if we take the option, then they don't have licenses for Bikes, Quads etc. although looking into it as it is a public events. Apparently theyre having an xtreme events day shortly & might visit to see.

Will keep u all up to date with events./
    Gaz

If theres a tractor or digger but no driver i can operate PLANT
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      If theres a tractor or digger but no driver i can operate PLANT

Cheers Marky...as said I will keep everyone informed..even if I think its a no go will let everyone decide. Now formulating questions on everything

Disclaimers vs Public Liability Insurance
      Site Access Times/Periods
      Costs...discounts or otherwise
      Turf the place the up, hills, mounds, water features etc...

you name it, too much to list...
      Gaz

Comment

Follow Up - Not much there yet

Right folks here it is.

The site belongs to Hollingworth Leisure and is situated at Milnrow (off Junction 21 M62 East).

The site is approx 53 acres in total but some of this has been developed into a MotoX site and several areas for Horse Shows. There is land available to be developed (of which some has already been graded) but they are applying for funding to develop the site to its full. We would gain access on a private booking initially signing disclaimers.

The land is to be developed/shared amongst events (trials, horse x-country and so on so that the site will be multi-functional) and as said theyre applying for money to develop

The site does need developing from scratch...but there could be considerable space available. It might be ideaa if 1 or 2 of u guys/gals contact me and we can arrange a 2nd site visit so that you get the picture and talk to the secretary.

PS There is a cafeteria, several bars, and if want private functions they also cater for this. I have attached some piccies of the land
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Gizmo; 3 July 2004, 19:02.
        Gaz

Comment

Well done GAZ its just perfect. it just needs a bit of TLC to get it looking surf friendly LOL
          (\__/)
          (")_(")

Comment

Nice drinking hole in pic number 2

Quinceys Restaraunt and SINGHalong Bar !

Excellent , I hope they do Curry . Although a bit far for me to go just for a meal

Rick
            Last edited by Vagrant No2; 3 July 2004, 19:59.
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
              Nice drinking hole in pic number 2

Quinceys Restaraunt and SINGHalong Bar !

Excellent , I hope they do Curry . Although a bit far for me to go just for a meal

Rick
              BLACKPUDDING LOL But who cares
              Last edited by marky; 3 July 2004, 20:00.
              (\__/)
              (")_(")

Comment

Thought the drinkey poos would be of benefit...oh b*gger..would have to leave car behind!! Soft Drinks and meal here we come

As mentioned further discussions are required....costs etc...and if we wish to use the site whether we have input into the place (design or work otherwise). As said, the hope is to use the site throughout the year to pay back for development and will be multi-functional. the secretary has already been lookind at the thought of other vehicles (landies and so on) and possibly develop the site nationally!.
                Last edited by Gizmo; 4 July 2004, 09:07. Reason: adding text
                Gaz

Comment

Count on me Gaz, I will gladly come on down with you and give my 2 penny worth. Nice one m8.

Fish
                  If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

Originally posted by Fish
                    Count on me Gaz, I will gladly come on down with you and give my 2 penny worth. Nice one m8.

Fish

Will have discussion and organise time. Most likely a Saturday Afternoon, if not will re-arrange events so we can go Sunday!

Let us know your availability and will see if we can get something moving
                    Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
                      Will have discussion and organise time. Most likely a Saturday Afternoon, if not will re-arrange events so we can go Sunday!

Let us know your availability and will see if we can get something moving
                      Gaz is this an invite to all ? Would gladly come along and imput for what it's worth.

Comment

Im up for a reccie & some discussions
                        (\__/)
                        (")_(")

Comment

Reccie

A small contingent is okay...need to respect the wishes of the people working and owning the site. This will only be a reccie to see what you think as no real course available as yet.
                          Gaz

Comment

Working...
                          X