No announcement yet.

Surf Alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Tonupteabag, I like the one with the folding key. I could not see any of the south African styled alarms :-(

How great would that be to find a BBQ car thief next to your car in the morning :-)
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...t_16335wt_1033

I'm liking this one, it's good to know they fit ok to surfs.
    If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Originally posted by mckirdy-services View Post
      Thanks Tonupteabag, I like the one with the folding key. I could not see any of the south African styled alarms :-(

How great would that be to find a BBQ car thief next to your car in the morning :-)
      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...t_16335wt_1033

I'm liking this one, it's good to know they fit ok to surfs.

hi it would be an idea to contact the seller and find out if the alarm supports negative triggering for the central locking on the surf and also what extras you will need for the remote boot release and total window closure as it reads as though these are seperate interfaces that are available from them
      I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tonupteabag View Post
        hi it would be an idea to contact the seller and find out if the alarm supports negative triggering for the central locking on the surf and also what extras you will need for the remote boot release and total window closure as it reads as though these are seperate interfaces that are available from them
        Thanks, will check re negative switching. As for boot release and window closure I'm not that bothered.

My remote central locking key is nackered anyway so been using the spare which does not have central locking.

I had not thought about a flip key till it was posted on here, I prefer them and they look nicer, ESP with the Toyota logo on the key.

I have emailed the seller so will wait and see. Plus I'm having some other bits done to surf so need to see how many tokens I have left.

Comment

http://www.rclick.co.uk/product_info...roducts_id=762

I like these, plus they can put the toyota logo on the key, they look nice and the instructions are in clear english.

but cant use the remote start on a public road ;-(

little bit pricy and does not page etc but seems the best for what i want so far.

Comment

Originally posted by mckirdy-services View Post

but cant use the remote start on a public road ;-(
            How comes? I always used remote start on my old car before I left for work, before I left work or went anywhere in the winter months! The system should be configured so that if any of the doors open or similar without you being present then the engine cuts and alarm sounds.
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Remote start

It is illegal to use the remote start or a turbo timer in the U.K. Your insurance is invalidated because you are not allowed to leave an unattended vehicle with its engine running. People who start engines to warm up their cars have been fined, and points put on their licences

Comment

Originally posted by will.b View Post
                It is illegal to use the remote start or a turbo timer in the U.K. Your insurance is invalidated because you are not allowed to leave an unattended vehicle with its engine running. People who start engines to warm up their cars have been fined, and points put on their licences
                i know that from experience...i luckily only got the fine which was £20 but that was about 15yrs ago so i don't know what it would be now
                I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

'tis a shame.
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

It's only illegal on a public highway or public place such as sainsburys car park. It's fine on your driveway or land. The insurance would be down to the policy, most kits kill the engine if alarm goes off and the. Key is not it the car so could not be put into gear.

It would be best to inform them and see.

I'm not dfinate on it but I'm fairly keen.

I hate having to scrape ice off the windscreen. I eventually got a reply from rclick with wiring diagram for 2 gen! Despite asking for 3 gen. But it all looksgood and does negative switching for the door locks.

Comment

Working...
                    X