engine noise after lift fitted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine noise after lift fitted

just had 2" body and suspension lift done, have noticed the engine is a lot noisier than before, theres a little loss of power for a few seconds from a standing start before she kicks in properly, sounds like its over reving but its not, sounds like its having to work a lot harder, can also feel vibrations from under the pedals, any thoughts ? thanks.

Originally posted by palooka View Post
    just had 2" body and suspension lift done, have noticed the engine is a lot noisier than before, theres a little loss of power for a few seconds from a standing start before she kicks in properly, sounds like its over reving but its not, sounds like its having to work a lot harder, can also feel vibrations from under the pedals, any thoughts ? thanks.
    Handbrake sticking on due to handbrake cable being stretched? I had to loosten mine off - not particularly difficult do do, easily diagnosed. Jack up the rear and try to turn a wheel whilst transfer case and gearbox in neutral.
    Last edited by dieselboy; 24 September 2010, 17:58.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

much appreciated mate, that could be it alright, thanks.

Comment

Seriously considering lifting mine soon, again fantastic information.
        Its all about the journey not the destination.

Comment

i would say that you have broken the rubber gaiter on the bulkhead where the steering column comes through,did you remember to remove it and cut the bulkhead back abit to accomodate the steering column.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Or the one in the gear tunnel.

Vibrations will probably be the propshaft, if it only happens when moving.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
            X