Old diesel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old diesel.

Hi all. Can anyone tell me if diesel that has been stored in an airtight 25l black (not affected by sunlight) container for about 6 years, is any good? Can it be used to blend with filtered WVO, or is it only good for parts washing?....Cheers....Mick.
    " Time wounds all heels ".

If you have a look at it and theres no mould and you run it through a filter its probably fine, particularly if you mix it with veg.

On the other hand if you're not 100% confident about it and it will play in the back of your mind then get rid its not worth the saving

Having said that if you're willing to use WVO that has likely had water, chips, chicken, fish and the bodily hair and snot of the cook in it then old diesel's probably the last of your worries.

Don't take this the wrong way. I run WVO too with all the above features!

Comment

He especially enjoys the bodily hair.fuel,food,women, he's not fussy.
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

If theres any black looking deposits in it, bin it. It will probably be bacteria and will breed in your tank, block your filters and create havoc. If its clean and bright it will be fine ( probably)

Bogus
        Сви можемо

Comment

Thanks for the advice, guys. Dont want to risk problems, so if it looks clean, I'll just use it for rinsing out cubies etc. As for all those wonderful extras in the wvo, well I'll try and filter most of them out!....Cheers....Mick.
          " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
            If you have a look at it and theres no mould and you run it through a filter its probably fine, particularly if you mix it with veg.

On the other hand if you're not 100% confident about it and it will play in the back of your mind then get rid its not worth the saving

Having said that if you're willing to use WVO that has likely had water, chips, chicken, fish and the bodily hair and snot of the cook in it then old diesel's probably the last of your worries.

Don't take this the wrong way. I run WVO too with all the above features!
            I'd go along with what Paul says

Jess
            "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
              He especially enjoys the bodily hair.fuel,food,women, he's not fussy.
              'tis true and in the case of food and women its like natures own dental floss

Like dock leaves growing near nettles.

EDIT: think this is one of those rare times I've managed to disgust myself!

Comment

Working...
              X