Whooo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whooo

wheres me can of "stop ya ba$tard"? pulled out of a pub car park after a kind soul flashed me out, floored it and the bugga stuck down, managed to get my toe under the pedal and pull it back and it were only a matter of seconds but i almost shat
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Did it get stuck on the mat or in the engine bay.

Bet you thought WTF.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Mat I think, or at least a mechanical pedal issue. Cable issues in the engine bay, lifting the pedal makes sod all difference. Happened to me in a Mk1 MR2 with a frayed cable. I just turned it off and rolled to a halt. The joys of simple cars with no power steering and minimal braking assistance eh?
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Hi I hope you dont mind me popping in.

I used to have a Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP with a dodgy throttle cable, I used to use it as cruise control on long journeys until it decided to stick open. Really un~funny on 2 wheels flying along on at eye watering accelleration trying to grab the keys with one hand and hold a screaming bike with the other. Through the red fog coming out of my mouth you could just about make out the words "wish I`d fixed that".
        Its all about the journey not the destination.

Comment

Hahaha, cruise control via frayed throttle cable, nice

Mine was heading to Porthmadog across 'the cob' at a peak of around 80-90mph or so on the rev limiter. I rolled to a halt as though I'd meant it right outside Cob Records, where I was going anyway

Comment

I think Toyota should recall all of our trucks Ian !

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
              I think Toyota should recall all of our trucks Ian !
              They did. Did you miss it? Steering OK?

Comment

[QUOTE=Apache;662172]They did. Did you miss it? Steering OK?[/Q

Seems I did, Yes steering fine thank you ?

Comment

QUOTE=Apache;662170]Hahaha, cruise control via frayed throttle cable, nice

Mine was heading to Porthmadog across 'the cob' at a peak of around 80-90mph or so on the rev limiter. I rolled to a halt as though I'd meant it right outside Cob Records, where I was going anyway [/QUOTE]

That must have happend in back in 1990 on the Ballygowan Rd just past Crossnacreevy, heading to my mates.

Amazing, the random memories that surface with a little prompting. Brilliant.

My Surf had`nt been built then either come to think of it. Wow it was a long time ago.
                  Its all about the journey not the destination.

Comment

i guess it got stuck in the mat, good job it's a 2.4 or i'd have been up the ass of the car in front,

Comment

Still, you've had all night to scrub the brown outta your trollies ian.
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                        Still, you've had all night to scrub the brown outta your trollies ian.
                        yes! the "injury lawyers for U" number flashed through my mind,
                        nice pub lunch and i nearly lost the lot

Comment

Working...
                        X