help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help

just bought a 2.4td from a dealer that is registered as a 1995 on an N plate . is this possible ? only just found the site and so have just checked the lap belts and the date of manufacture is 93 . the chassis number doesn't come up with a date made , (using the link on one of the threads found by putting 'date of manufacture' in to the forum search engine ). will be contacting the dealer in the morning but is this definitely wrong i.e did they produce 2.4td autos in 95? strange cos i have mot's going back to the date of import in 97 , service history and its a one owner car since import . bummer if it turns out to be a wrong un . and well complicated if it is older than registered as that is not just a case of buying it too rich but of misrepresentation as well .

Originally posted by spot
    just bought a 2.4td from a dealer that is registered as a 1995 on an N plate . is this possible ? only just found the site and so have just checked the lap belts and the date of manufacture is 93 . the chassis number doesn't come up with a date made , (using the link on one of the threads found by putting 'date of manufacture' in to the forum search engine ). will be contacting the dealer in the morning but is this definitely wrong i.e did they produce 2.4td autos in 95? strange cos i have mot's going back to the date of import in 97 , service history and its a one owner car since import . bummer if it turns out to be a wrong un . and well complicated if it is older than registered as that is not just a case of buying it too rich but of misrepresentation as well .
    AFAIK the last year of production for the 2.4 was '93
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

They changed over to 3.0 in '93 I believe and 3rd gen in 95.

Rich.
      If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

thanks

thank you . car returned and cash in my pocket . near miss . to tie up some previous threads . 2.4td auto radiators £149 from japanese 4x4 spares and recon heads £395 new £595 from ukcylinderheads at moment . what an excellent web site .

Comment

Working...
        X