Hi everyone, my first post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone, my first post.

My first post lads and just wanted to get my validation sorted and say Hello!

At the moment i am still looking for my first Surf. A friend picked one up about 3 months ago and i have fallen for them big time. Got a drive in it a few days ago and have now put the family car up for sale to fund it.

What i would like to know is apart from ebay, petrolheads, Forum 'For Sale' section, is there any other places on the net to keep an eye on? I am in Northern Ireland so more than likely my first surf will be found on the net and if it is the right one I'll come across and buy/collect.

I am a great fan of these forums and know how important they can be when it comes to helping others out or finding out information from other true enthusiasts so if there is ever anything i can do to help anyone out over here just give me a shout. Heres hopefully the first to many more posts.

Hi and welcome mate, Autotrader might be another place to look .
    Neal

Comment

http://www.gumtree.com

Comment

Hey Welcome, hope you find one soon
        Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

Hello once you get the bug you'll be modifying it!
          “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

I may get shouted at by other members when i say this but i don't care.

If you can then try & get a 3rd gen.
            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

i'm gonna sit on the fence Si cause i got both 3rd and 2nd gens
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                Oooooooh errrrrrrr be careful you don't do yourself a mischief mate.

Its more like 3rd gen & a 2nd & a half gen.

Comment

Originally posted by gbv2 View Post
                  My first post lads and just wanted to get my validation sorted and say Hello!

At the moment i am still looking for my first Surf. A friend picked one up about 3 months ago and i have fallen for them big time. Got a drive in it a few days ago and have now put the family car up for sale to fund it.

What i would like to know is apart from ebay, petrolheads, Forum 'For Sale' section, is there any other places on the net to keep an eye on? I am in Northern Ireland so more than likely my first surf will be found on the net and if it is the right one I'll come across and buy/collect.

I am a great fan of these forums and know how important they can be when it comes to helping others out or finding out information from other true enthusiasts so if there is ever anything i can do to help anyone out over here just give me a shout. Heres hopefully the first to many more posts.
                  There's a nice lifted one on ebay at the moment!
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Thanks lads

Originally posted by Chainsawdude View Post
                    Forgot about Gumtree, nice one. I'll list my own car for sale there while i'm at it.

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                    I may get shouted at by other members when i say this but i don't care.

If you can then try & get a 3rd gen.
                    LOL That's alright mate, I know what ya mean. I wouldn't care either but u gotta make an effort. It's the decent thing to do.
                    Yes also to a 3rd Gen, thats the one I'm after.

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                    I've been reading some of your threads Stormforce, you sound like the sort of man I'd like to buy from. Was mighty decent what you did regarding that alternator you sorted on the Surf you sold.

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                    There's a nice lifted one on ebay at the moment!
                    Looks cool from the outside but the "Spot the Pimp" interior with that big ol wooden steering wheel is a bit out of my league.

I should have about £4500 to spend and want to try and get as much Surf for this as i can but as i said, need to move my current motor on first. Hopefully this will only take a week or two.

Comment

Originally posted by gbv2 View Post
                      Thanks lads

Forgot about Gumtree, nice one. I'll list my own car for sale there while i'm at it.

LOL That's alright mate, I know what ya mean. I wouldn't care either but u gotta make an effort. It's the decent thing to do.
                      Yes also to a 3rd Gen, thats the one I'm after.

I've been reading some of your threads Stormforce, you sound like the sort of man I'd like to buy from. Was mighty decent what you did regarding that alternator you sorted on the Surf you sold.

Looks cool from the outside but the "Spot the Pimp" interior with that big ol wooden steering wheel is a bit out of my league.

I should have about £4500 to spend and want to try and get as much Surf for this as i can but as i said, need to move my current motor on first. Hopefully this will only take a week or two.
                      Thanks.With the sort of money you will have you should get a very good 3rd gen for that money.I bought my 1999 intercooled 3rd gen from a forum member for £4500 and that was even without going to look at it.I put a deposit down the day my 2nd gen blew up and i collected the 3rd gen about a week after .
                      Don't buy the first you see,have a good look about and if you put a thread in the surfs wanted section then you will get some offers to buy members trucks as a few have had in the past.As they say money talks and with cash in the pocket you will get a good deal as i did with mine.
                      Good luck with the search for a goodun
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Ello and welcome

I got my Surf last year, almost a year ago actually; at first I was very, very gentle with it, nervous of it almost, but now.. bring on the mods! show me the mud!, best vehical I've owned without question on or offroad, bar none and I include some company cars that where quite nice in that.

£4500 will buy a good surf, but take your time and get a good one.
                        Be ready to walk away from one if it doesn't seem right.

peace
                        cal
                        Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Hey gbv2, if you find one your interested in & want a second opinion then just ask & im sure if any member is near they will be willing to have a look at it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                            Hey gbv2, if you find one your interested in & want a second opinion then just ask & im sure if any member is near they will be willing to have a look at it for you.
                            I just wanted to say hi, and si tate is correct. I live about 9 miles from you, if you need any help give us a shout.

I`m new to the forum myself but I have had my surf for a couple of years now and the help and advice i`ve recieved here is superb.

So welcome.

Tony.
                            Its all about the journey not the destination.

Comment

Again, a big cheers lads and thanks for all the advice! I will be sure to get all your opinions before i depart with my hard earned.

Tony, that's good to know you are close by mate. If anything comes up local i'll be sure to run it by you.

Comment

Working...
                              X