X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi From Perth WA

Hi Guys

Some of you may already know who I am from www.toyotasurf.asn.au

I must appologise for my tardiness at joining up here but the joys of being "head down bum up" repairing our beloved Surfs full time.

Anyhow to introduce myself I am a Petrol and Diesel Mechanic (Automotive Engineer by trade) who is originally from Wellington NZ (the land of many Surfs, every second car seems to be one and the V8 215 series has got to be sex on wheels).

As daily drives I run a 1990 Surf with a 1UZ-FE "in the hole" which has been updated to SSR-G spec with the series 2 front clip, factory wide body flares, rear (OEM) spoiler,Aisan FWH and huge brakes (ever been in a Surf that will cruise at 100mph?) Despite all this she needs a nice paint job (and find time to fix the broken front diff). Our other Surf which my Wife drives is a 1992 SSR-X 2 door Factory wide body 2,4 diesel auto, it has the obligatory Surf smokey cold start yet goes well and only cost me $50, well there was a bit missing when it was given to us and that was the bit that cost $50.

Then there is the "Unbreakable '82 Hilux" which is used to pick up parts that are too big to fit in the Surf.

I won't mention the "Shrubberry" or is "Surfery" the better word there?

Hi and welcome
    Neal

Comment

Hi and welcome aboard 'upsidedowner'

Alan
      www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Hello good morning:afternoon/evening squire.
        I'm just about to get a 1uzfe'd surf, built by our resident surf guru.
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I build the damn things..1UZ into Surf and also repair Surfs every day

Comment

That's most of us here too mate, repairs that is, there's always something to ###### fix
            welcome to the forum. H

Comment

Ello and welcome

Or should that be G'Day!

Welcome to the nut house.

peace
              cal
              Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

hello
                “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Hi n Welcome from "top of the Globe"

Jess
                  "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                    Hello good morning:afternoon/evening squire.
                    I'm just about to get a 1uzfe'd surf, built by our resident surf guru.
                    Wasn't me

Comment

Anyhow lads sorry for my absence. I've been a tad busy at the shop then got the flu (There's some farking evil ones running around Perth, It's a bit scary when you feel like the world is spinning then open your eyes and see your room stop. My loving and caring wife decided that I had a hang over... I wish. Then went to the doc "Take some panadol and go to bed" F@rk off give me some drugs woman.. That went down welll.
                      There are some issues with the aussie site.
                      what they are I cannot answer but if managment on here is agreeable I have no problem if you want to contact me and ask questions. The worst that will happen is you will get an answer

Comment

hello perth

just curious - what size tyres and diff ratios are you running to cruise at 100mph. what rpm are you hitting at 100mph.

Comment

Hi simon, good to have another tech guru here as I know jack about surfs even though ive owned one for 4 years now.
                          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Hi Sam's dad.

Comment

Originally posted by gary-r View Post
                              hello perth

just curious - what size tyres and diff ratios are you running to cruise at 100mph. what rpm are you hitting at 100mph.
                              31 inch D693s with 4.3 diffs and stock R150 box.. Now it's been quite a while since I've done this so am relying on memory and I have the V6 model instrument cluster with the 120mph (in your speak) speedo, thanks to a friendly Policeman I know the speedo is fairly accurate. At the Tonne she spins approximately 4600rpm in 5th gear and the speedo is off the clock when she hits the rev limiter. This is rarely done as 1. I like my D/L, 2. I prefer my $$ in my pocket not the Govts, 3. 4wd tyres tend to run out of wheel balance at around 95mph.

Hi Bushwacker, I haven't done any 1UZ into Surf lately but seem to be having a run on them into '01+ Hilux, well that and sorting out a couple of other conversions done over east that are a bit rough (I'm being nice there)

Comment

Working...
                              X