Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMHO What a perfect looking truck

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/coppermin...790&fullsize=1

Is jakeycakes still around, or if not who's got his truck?

I know its mainly cosmetic and some very good camera work, but what a fantastic looking truck. In my eyes, it just looks "right".

This is my model to replicate, albeit I think with slightly higher suspension and MT's

So am on the lookout for the following....

Wheel spacers
    Roof bars. Roof rack
    A bar that comes above the bonnet level - ie visible from cab.
    Couple of spots for above
    ATF cooler as above "80" something or other distance per time units on the motorway i start to get temp increases.
    FLUSH fitting foglights/aux driving lamps/sidelights to go in the blanked off space on the bottom of the bumper
    Front Visor
    Clear indicators front and rear.
    Plus 4" Shocks for rear and plus 2"'s for front.

That is my plan anyway. Can anyone help on these?
    Last edited by Wolfracer; 14 September 2010, 22:50.
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

I've got a pair of 8" spots new never fitted (bought them off Rodleach on this forum) and a pair of used clear rear lights (bought from roughtrax 2 years ago)

Will post pics tomorrow if you're interested.

Cheers,
    Rob.

btw the pic you posted doesn't work ?
    Last edited by wishbone; 14 September 2010, 23:01.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
      I've got a pair of 8" spots new never fitted (bought them off Rodleach on this forum) and a pair of used clear rear lights (bought from roughtrax 2 years ago)

Will post pics tomorrow if you're interested.

Cheers,
      Rob.

btw the pic you posted doesn't work ?
      Yes, very interested. Think I'm going to take puddlesurfers approach and just buy everything i need over a period of time and then apply it altogether!
      Pics would be great.
      The pic appears as a link to me - I couldn't get it to "[img][/img]" is it there as a link to others? If not, goto gallery, and jakeycakes truck is always prominent on the first page.... I think.
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

link is working now so maybe my browser was playing up...

Will get some pics done tomorrow eve. (won't get home 'til 8ish)

Cheers,
        Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
          link is working now so maybe my browser was playing up...

Will get some pics done tomorrow eve. (won't get home 'til 8ish)

Cheers,
          Rob.

Cheers Rob, no rush, just put them on this thread please?
          Ta
          John
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Can I suggest that you don't add anything that impedes air flow through the rad until you've resolved your over heating issue ?

Even at 80+ your temperature should be stable ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

Can I suggest that you don't add anything that impedes air flow through the rad until you've resolved your over heating issue ?

Even at 80+ your temperature should be stable ...

Yes, good thinking. I've got new thermostat to fit, so gonna flush at same time and get to know my cooling system whilst underneath....
              Atf fluid is clear and reddish, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to refresh it. Only had the truck a short while and don't know its history.
              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Oooo, that is sweet... I have never seen one of those visors before, but it looks great. Does anyway a) have one, b) know where you can get one, and c) know whether it acts as much like a large sea anchor as it looks like it might!

Comment

My truck runs about 6 degrees warmer at a steady 70mph. As long as the temp doesn't keep on rising you'll be fine.

Some pics. The clear rear lights seem to have got a little grubby water into them. Will try and clean them out at the weekend. Sorry about the pics it was dark outside. The 8" spots are as new.

Cheers,
                  Rob.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Don't want to waste anyones time...

Don't know if these are for me, condensing light clusters don't normally last too long due to corrosion of the bulb holders and I "think" I'm looking at Chrome Lights...
                    But "if" you were to be selling these items, what prices you looking at? Might be interest elsewhere?
                    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

There's no condensation in the actual lights - the murky water is in the join between the indicator and reversing light sections. Didn't know plastic corroded so badly

Hope you find what you're looking for.

Cheers,
                      Rob.

Comment

Working...
                      X