A little rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little rant

We stopped doing ebay as we were sick of pillocks asking stupid questions, non payers and all the ripoff merchants, so had my mate list my caravan this past week, anyhow bidding was a bit slow but steady and was getting there till we started getting calls for buy it now/whats the reserve etc etc.

The we get one from pretty local to us who reckoned they were desperate and would pay the reserve and collect it today, if, we took it off the bay. Without further ado the missus removed the listing and arranged for me to meet this bloke not far from the site, 50 mile each way for me. So off I go, meet them and take them to the van, now its a bigun for a tourer, Avondale landranger 6400, 27ft total outside length and about 21 inner. I show this bloke the van, no walk in shower like a house, but it has a shower, toilet and all the bits n bobs, and he says its not big enough. I tell him its as big as we're legally allowed to tow, any bigger and its a static, anyway no sale and he tells me they are to view another, about a hundred miles down the road.

So I take down the full awning as its blowing a hooly up here and head back home, annoyed with the missus for pulling it off ebay blah blah blah, get home, have my tea and the three amigos are back on the phone after going to look at the other one, which was exactly the same size, but obviously not as good as mine, wanting to know if its still available.

Now, you might think I'm cutting my nose off here, but I just hate being messed around, so I told the boys to #### off, someone else is coming at the weekend, I just hope its not another ####in numpty. Rant over. H

take a deep breath and start again in the morning if you still want to sell your caravan, customers are always right , i was in car sales for about 25 years i know exacly how you feel , thumbs up
    JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Good for you mate I would have done the same thing, but probably would'nt have took it off until I got the money.
      monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Id have done exactly the same, and in fact have done similar on a few occasions. Theres always another buyer on the horizon, and Id rather get a few quid less from a decent bloke than take the jerks money.
        A few years ago I was working with a guy who was selling his house in Chester. He had a sale, but it was not at the "exchanging contracts ?? " stage that happens in England. He got a phone call one day from his solicitor/estate agent or whatever, saying that the buyer wanted to knock a few bob off the price as he thought some of the guttering needed renewed and some other wee bits and bobs. I was in the same room overhearing one side of this. The response from my workmate was " No I will not take anything off the previously agreed price, theres nothing wrong with the guttering or anything else, in fact I have now decided that the house is worth 5000 more than we agreed initially. He either pays the new price or he can shove off. This was said with a bit of a raised voice and the phone went down hard. I thought it was a brilliant response. I dont know when the house eventually sold, but it certainly wasnt to this buyer.

Bogus
        Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
          Id have done exactly the same, and in fact have done similar on a few occasions. Theres always another buyer on the horizon, and Id rather get a few quid less from a decent bloke than take the jerks money.
          A few years ago I was working with a guy who was selling his house in Chester. He had a sale, but it was not at the "exchanging contracts ?? " stage that happens in England. He got a phone call one day from his solicitor/estate agent or whatever, saying that the buyer wanted to knock a few bob off the price as he thought some of the guttering needed renewed and some other wee bits and bobs. I was in the same room overhearing one side of this. The response from my workmate was " No I will not take anything off the previously agreed price, theres nothing wrong with the guttering or anything else, in fact I have now decided that the house is worth 5000 more than we agreed initially. He either pays the new price or he can shove off. This was said with a bit of a raised voice and the phone went down hard. I thought it was a brilliant response. I dont know when the house eventually sold, but it certainly wasnt to this buyer.

Bogus

Thats a regular thing with some flippin idiots, if they think the buyer is in a hurry they will drag thier feet on purpose and then make a silly excuse to get money knocked off. My brother is an estate agent and tells me all about it.

I sold my other car on friday, had it advertised for £200, a scrappy rang up and said he wanted it, then arranged a recovery truck to come and get it,
          I had another call straight after who said I am in your area and can come now to buy the car, I told him it was sold. He offered me £100 more, but I declined.
          Why? Because I gave my word and the guy organised a recovery truck which cost him £60.

I seem to be on my own with my way of thinking! But then thats how we were brought up!
          l'm FAME-ous!

Comment

That's how I was brought up too, I keep my word/promise and don't #### people over, I might haggle a bit but if I've agreed a price I'll pay it. What got me most was how desperate these chumps were, the deal was probably the best they'll find for the size and condition of the van then thinking there was no other interest because we'd withdrawn it they thought they'd return at leisure and probably not have the agreed amount and think I'd drop it further. It'll not be happening again, if it doesn't go on Saturday it'll have another grand on the price come spring when they sell easy. H

Comment

Hazzo, there's a buyer out there for everything.
              Don't undersell, undervalue or let yourself be told your 'van is worth less than you know it is.
              If you are realistic in your expectations it will sell - to the right person.
              I have never let an item go before the end of an auction, good example was an old range cooker I had on for 99p to get rid. stayed like it for days untill 2 mins before end of auction. 4 buyers then upped it to £120 - and i was gonna give it to the scrapman if it didn't sell......
              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Good on you I say. The satisfaction you get from turning away halfwits who #### you around is worth more than the few extra quid or few days of extra hassle. My old man once had the solicitors representing the buyers of his house pop up on the day of contract signing to demand a lower price. He explained politely that not only would he not be lowering the price, but that he also would not be doing business with the buyers at the asking or indeed any price.
                ...course it took another year to sell the house, but it still makes me proud of him when I think of that story. Integrity is worth a lot.
                And the same goes for refusing to let someone gazump, whether on a house or car or whatever....

Comment

Post the caravan up on the Practical Caravan website. It is free and you get more genuine buyers. Second person to look at ours paid £10000 on the spot in cash no hassle. First buyer tried to get us to knock off £1500 but he told us that before he came to view so couls live with that as at least he was honest.

Comment

There's another geezer coming on Saturday, from Wales, so I'll consider him genuine round about Leeds and set off myself for the meetup, other than that I'm not too bothered, it can go to storage over winter. Thanks for the tips, It's the missus wants rid of it, must be needing a washer or something. H

Comment

I cant help myself from asking.

Whats the vans specs and how much you selling it for?
                      私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

post up pics of the caravan H as someone on here may be interested if these potential buyers don't have it
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                        X