A Little bit of help please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little bit of help please...

I need a crossmember for my surf which is a 3rd gen. Tony N has already informed me I could also use one from a Landcruiser Colorado.
    The question is there are lots of gen 2's breaking on Ebay so I take it that those crossmembers would be unsuitable?
    I need help looking for one for my car I need it asap as I have been driving around without it and I am concerned it is unsafe or that I am causing twisting or damage to the car.
    I have to use the car daily for work so I need to know if anything can be done or if anyone has links to people that can help or could even fabricate one?
    I have spoken to Toyota they apparently cant get one.

Rach speak to Terry (lordlucan) as he had the only 3rd gen breaker on here.He has an ad in the parts for sale section for it.I will keep my eyes open incase i see one for you
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
      Rach speak to Terry (lordlucan) as he had the only 3rd gen breaker on here.He has an ad in the parts for sale section for it.I will keep my eyes open incase i see one for you
      left him a PM and tried to call him but didnt get through. Will try again tomorrow.

Comment

Terry is normally good at replying so i'm sure you will get a reply soon
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
          Terry is normally good at replying so i'm sure you will get a reply soon
          need a transfer box too mate one on ebay but not sure if its the right one so havent done anything as yet

Comment

Originally posted by Rachy View Post
            need a transfer box too mate one on ebay but not sure if its the right one so havent done anything as yet
            Hi Rach. If youre still struggling for a crossmember and transfer box, it might be worth trying Equicar in Bilston. I think that they have got a couple of Prado/Collorados in at the moment. parts may be interchangeable. Good luck....Cheers....Mick.
            " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
              Hi Rach. If youre still struggling for a crossmember and transfer box, it might be worth trying Equicar in Bilston. I think that they have got a couple of Prado/Collorados in at the moment. parts may be interchangeable. Good luck....Cheers....Mick.
              yes i am struggling lol i have spoken to a guy on ebay who is selling a whole chassis for £60 and he reckons he can sort me out with something but I am not sure which parts are interchangeable and from which models so its a little like blind leading the blind so if anyone can help me out with that would be appreciated?
              Has anyone replaced/fitted their own transfer boxes?????
              Im looking at a bill of £1200 currently!

Comment

actual fitting t/case shouldn't cost to much. its only an hours job.

where is this guy with chassis? if there's axles and suspension left on it and its not to far away i'll split cost with you and you can have the xmember
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post

where is this guy with chassis? if there's axles and suspension left on it and its not to far away i'll split cost with you and you can have the xmember
                  west yorkshire mate he is getting a 3rd gen 3.0 auto diesel in next week to break...i got first dibs on the transfer box and x member. Its quite a way to go but we thought we would make a day of it with the kids.
                  He already has a 2.4 chassis on ebay though if thats any good for you?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post

Thats weird had a quote of an all day job for removal and fitting of a t/box??
                    Quoted around £300 for the labour. Without the box. This is why I am trying to source one and find someone to help hubby fit it.

Comment

willing to travel anywhere to get this surf back on form I LOVE IT

Comment

Or try and set up a Surf train ?
                        Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Working...
                        X