Cylinder head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cylinder head

Hello, new to the forum. I dont have a surf but do own a 1995 2wd Hilux diesel non turbo pick-up which I'm sort of restoring. I think needs a new cylinder head. Have looked around and Milners seems to be cheapest, has anybody off here bought one from them and was it any good? Appreciate any info.

hello mate and welcome

Tyr stevo at the engine comapny his add is on the top of thehome page, with milners you get what you pay for i am sure there head is ok but most on here go to stevo or roughtrax
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

I think Stormforce's latest breaker has a stevo head on it - give him a shout
      “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Hi Sam. Hilux pickups are pretty cool, but you really should get a Surf. go on, you know you want to really!....Cheers....Mick.
        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
          Hi Sam. Hilux pickups are pretty cool, but you really should get a Surf. go on, you know you want to really!....Cheers....Mick.
          Yeah get a Surf and Pops can have your pick up!
          “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

This is my 5th Hilux pick-up. Might buy a surf next time, but I've always wanted a landcruiser too.
            I've bought springs from roughtrax before so think I'll pay the extra and get a cylinder head from there too. I drive throug bristol every week aswell so could save on postage.

Comment

Are the pick-up heads the same as the surf turbo heads?

Comment

The mechanic had the cylinder head pressure tested and it wasn't cracked, so its now been skimmed and hopefully everything should be ok.

Comment

thats a cheap fix for you.Make sure you fit new head bolts,gaskets and i would also fit new water pump and c/belt and tensioner aswell while everything is off.Either that or you could end up having to strip most of the parts off again to doe the belt etc.Well worth doing all at the same time especially as you've save a few hundred ££'s on a new head
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks for the advice mate. Its already had new cambelt and tensioner fitted by the previous owner. I think they thought the head was cracked so just changed the gasket and sold it to me. Only after I had it for a few days did I notice how hot it was getting, they also took the thermostat off. Oh well it'll be a good truck after I finish with it and I've learned not to trust a farmer now. I'll post a pic of it in a min.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X