http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...990+Alternator
    and post 2 ...

Jess
    "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

In the words of Crocodile Dundee...

"Thats not an alternator... THIS is an alternator!"

400A as fitted to Mastiff - about the size of your office paper bin!
      Attached Files
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I drove an ayats apllo double deck coach for a while. It had 2,300 amp alternators...and one caught fire!
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by lord lucan View Post
          is it this one ?
          http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/toyota-hilux-s...item4152991032
          if it is ring me 07759 272270 terry
          Would you be prepared to post to Malta?
          Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

I had a guy offering to buy my GT-Four if I would ship it to Malta - idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
              I drove an ayats apllo double deck coach for a while. It had 2,300 amp alternators...and one caught fire!
              Why did it have alternators that big??? By christ, they must have been the size of spin dryers!

Comment

Looks like it MIGHT fit but can't be certain. Checkout the vacuum pump though, because there's a lot of oil on that one.

Nev
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                  Why did it have alternators that big??? By christ, they must have been the size of spin dryers!
                  LOTS to run andy. Air con ( enough for 82 people in a 600 m^2 space), toilets, 3 water boilers,the electrical gear change,about 300 different sized bulbs...the list of electrical requirements was enormous. And they were about the size of a couple of quality street tins each...the one that caught fire was about the size of a coke tin after the engine bay extinguisher had finished.

Edit: they weren't 2300 amp alternators. They were 300 amp alternators...2 of.
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post

Edit: they weren't 2300 amp alternators. They were 300 amp alternators...2 of.

That makes more sense. You'd need some huge engine just to run 2300A alternators!!

Comment

well i couldnt find a replacement, but i did take it to twigworth scrappers who have reconditioned it and im picking it up tomorrow at 8, then fitting it, buying MORE fan belts as the ones roughtrax suppled were 2 different sizes, asses. oh and getting flexi hose for the 10inch gash in the exhaust, fit new seatbelts then MOT at 1.
                      thanks to everyone for there advice and help

oh and another belt was really big so its almost at the max of adjustment already i dont think im going to order from them again, milner offroad all the way

Comment

Originally posted by surf-wejd View Post
                        well i couldnt find a replacement, but i did take it to twigworth scrappers who have reconditioned it and im picking it up tomorrow at 8, then fitting it, buying MORE fan belts as the ones roughtrax suppled were 2 different sizes, asses. oh and getting flexi hose for the 10inch gash in the exhaust, fit new seatbelts then MOT at 1.
                        thanks to everyone for there advice and help

oh and another belt was really big so its almost at the max of adjustment already i dont think im going to order from them again, milner offroad all the way
                        Did you tell Roughtrax that you had a problem with the belts? If not, please don't come here slanging them off. Generally, they send exactly what the customer asks for, perhaps you ordered the wrong parts?
                        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                          Would you be prepared to post to Malta?
                          slobo yous gonna get a slap
                          JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                            Did you tell Roughtrax that you had a problem with the belts? If not, please don't come here slanging them off. Generally, they send exactly what the customer asks for, perhaps you ordered the wrong parts?
                            na i ordered the service kit off them for the ln130, i didnt select the individual parts, so i couldnt have got it wrong
                            never had any probs in the past with them, i just wasnt happy as i need it all sorted for noon tomorow so i need to buy some others from the local motorfactors.

Comment

Originally posted by surf-wejd View Post
                              na i ordered the service kit off them for the ln130, i didnt select the individual parts, so i couldnt have got it wrong
                              never had any probs in the past with them, i just wasnt happy as i need it all sorted for noon tomorow so i need to buy some others from the local motorfactors.
                              You should still have asked them for replacements and given them the chance to remedy any errors, before you slated them on here. Too late now though.

Is everything on-track for tomorrow?
                              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                                You should still have asked them for replacements and given them the chance to remedy any errors, before you slated them on here. Too late now though.

Is everything on-track for tomorrow?
                                yer cheers, i know i shouldnt slate them i was just being a little moody baŁ$ard.

Comment

Working...
                                X