No announcement yet.

can you drop a 3l engine into a 2l bay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you drop a 3l engine into a 2l bay?

as the title says..

will a 2nd gen 3 litre engine drop straight into a 2nd gen 2litre engine bay?

or is the layout too different?
    My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Assuming you mean a 2.4 bay, then yes it will fit. But you'll need to change almost everything else in there at the same time.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

if i have to change everything else then i may aswell drop the V8 in.

keep reading bushwackers write up...

my head is saying 'no', but the heart is saying 'do it fool'

Comment

Originally posted by che2318 View Post

Just do it...go on...it's calling...can you here it!
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

follow ya heart mate
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
            follow ya heart mate
            Would have to agree, if I was in need of a new engine, then it would have to be a v8 or a free replacement as it is touch wood; my engine is behaving.

peace
            cal
            Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Calos View Post
              Would have to agree, if I was in need of a new engine, then it would have to be a v8 or a free replacement as it is touch wood; my engine is behaving.

peace
              cal
              theres nothing up with mine
              i just want something with a bit more grunt and an engine thats going to do the miles i need it to to do lots and lots of miles
              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

ill keep my body as its ok and there is no point in getting a spanking nice body that ill trash up when off roading.

so it looks like im doing it then......

ill get the list of items i need over the next month or so, then get the LS400 engine.

im gonna try and do most of the work myself but may have to bribe Bushwacker to help with the auto box and transfer case.....because that is well over my head!!!

hhmmm... will also need to get a car that i can use to get to work while surf is off the road.

Comment

[QUOTE=che2318;658076]ill keep my body as its ok and there is no point in getting a spanking nice body that ill trash up when off roading.

ill get the list of items i need over the next month or so, then get the LS400 engine.

im gonna try and do most of the work myself but may have to bribe Bushwacker to help with the auto box and transfer case.....because that is well over my head!!!

hhmmm... will also need to get a car that i can use to get to work while surf is off the road.[/QUOTE]

Wow with this attention to detail you will have no issues at all
                  Brian

Comment

[QUOTE=yoshie;658086]
                    ill keep my body as its ok and there is no point in getting a spanking nice body that ill trash up when off roading.

hhmmm... will also need to get a car that i can use to get to work while surf is off the road.[/QUOTE]

Wow with this attention to detail you will have no issues at all

well...was gonna ride to work............but 30 mile roundtrip....

decided not to.

thought i might get some 'green' miles in before i become one of those bad 4x4 polluters that i keep hearing about on the news etc....

Comment

Working...
                    X