Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free rear window motors...........

I got a free rear window motor........

Found it in the nearside passenger door......

Back window flies up and down now......

Passenger door window is a bit slow now but hey ho who uses that......

Only took about an hour and only that long cause i couldn't get the blinken handle out the tailgate which in the end i didn't need to do.......

Just need to watch when you take the motor off the tailgate frame the spring don't whip the arms back round and take your fingers off......
    Remember arrows are silent.....................
    Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

###### good find!!! is the 2nd gen liable to be the same???
    I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Mine is second gen 3.0l turbo duffer wotsit.......

Least if its a slow door window you can grip both sides to help it shut.......

Comment

ahh i should have checked what truck you had i just saw 3ltr and thought third gen DOH!!!!
        still a good find though i was ok with the motor it was my runners that were knackered
        I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Me wheels that run in the runners where a litle worn but took dimensions and going to see if B&Q draw runners are similar and replace with them.
          When you think that the rear window is 3 times the size of the side and goes up and down way more often the motors should have been a bit beefier than the side windows i would have thought..........
          Ah well all speedy upy downy now and cost noyhing but time and a slight chafing on the knuckles getting the clip back on the tail gate release handle.

Comment

Now it's working give it a yearly service and spray the rubbers with silicone spray once a month.
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
            X