thingy on top with spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thingy on top with spots

ok, ordered the nudge bars, noticed marky got 1 of those bars with spotlights on the top, so come on boys where do i get 1 of them from, .
    a girls gotta have 1......
    lets go get dirty...

Originally posted by shelly
    ok, ordered the nudge bars, noticed marky got 1 of those bars with spotlights on the top, so come on boys where do i get 1 of them from, .
    marky made his from old cornflakes boxes, tin foil and of course some sticky back plastic........... and here's one i made earlier.......heehee.

the rest of us brought ours from www.powerfuluk.com look under 4x4 spotlights.

have fun........

see ya'll
    Planty

Comment

thanks, i will take a look in a mo. i think i'l try the cornflake boxes an all, seemed 2 work 4 marky, and may i say he did a b!!!dy good job, wonder if he'l make me 1.
      lets go get dirty...

Comment

Originally posted by Planty
        marky made his from old cornflakes boxes, tin foil and of course some sticky back plastic........... and here's one i made earlier.......heehee.

the rest of us brought ours from www.powerfuluk.com look under 4x4 spotlights.

have fun........

see ya'll
        Planty

Just had a look powerfuluk and couldent find any pictures or mention of the 'thingy on top with lights', as I'm interested in something similar for my wee beastie. I will look into this further.

Fish
        If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

Originally posted by Fish
          Just had a look powerfuluk and couldent find any pictures or mention of the 'thingy on top with lights', as I'm interested in something similar for my wee beastie. I will look into this further.

Fish
          Marky used a modified Ski Rack to mount the lights on. You could also use a single Thule or Halfords roof Bar. Just bolt the lights to the top and run cables too them somehow - I have run the cables for mine, just haven't got the lights yet. I ran them through the roof when I had the headlining out to replace the sunroof. I have full length roof rails on mine so just need to use one of my roof bars fixed to that.

Have a look here for a description of how Codlord did his.

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/light_bar.htm

Cheers

Comment

Mines a DIY jobby 1"1/2 stainless tubing, bent to suit, custom feet, dodgy wiring and a perminent fixture as it's bolted to the roof from the inside (don't ask about removing the roof lining as it was a real pita!!!!!!!!!!)Got my spots from here http://www.powerfuluk.com/4x4%20Spotlights.htm

Comment

Originally posted by shelly
              I obtained a ski rack off a land cruiser thanks to Hilux bob. but ididnt like the finished light bar so ohsupremebeing bought it off me, he now has it on his roof
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                I obtained a ski rack off a land cruiser thanks to Hilux bob. but ididnt like the finished light bar so ohsupremebeing bought it off me, he now has it on his roof
                yes i got it, had to do a little work to get it to fit, new bolts and 2 hours job done and very happy with the look too. Big thanks to marky
                xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Im glad its ok. it looks good CHRIS
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by marky; 29 June 2004, 21:57.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

If anyone wants to use a Toyota Ski Rack to turn into a light bar, I've got two two give away that came with my Surf. They don't fit my cycle racks, so I've got Thule roof bars for that instead.
                    Mike G

Comment

I'll take one of those off you please if the offer still stands
                      NO WORRIES!
                      Rusty

Comment

I wouldn't mind one too! Again if the offer still stands.

Thanks

Sam

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                          Marky used a modified Ski Rack to mount the lights on. You could also use a single Thule or Halfords roof Bar. Just bolt the lights to the top and run cables too them somehow - I have run the cables for mine, just haven't got the lights yet. I ran them through the roof when I had the headlining out to replace the sunroof. I have full length roof rails on mine so just need to use one of my roof bars fixed to that.

Have a look here for a description of how Codlord did his.

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/light_bar.htm

Cheers

Cheers for the link, I had seen it befor but had lost the link to it some time ago.
                          Now I'm thinking, as I have ladder bars on the rear rails, one of these on the front would kill 2 birds with one stone and fit better when carrying my very long ladders.

Ta Muchly

Fish
                          If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

Working...
                          X