Quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question

Where does the rev counter get it's signal from on my 2nd gen 3.0?
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
    Where does the rev counter get it's signal from on my 2nd gen 3.0?

Fuel pump I think.

Comment

Would that be the engine speed sensor on top of the pump?
      Alan

Comment

Alan, I still think the problem is your immobiliser.

The immobiliser will probably immobilise 2 circuits, the starter and the fuel cut off valve. If the interconnection between the immobiliser and the fuel cut off valve is dodgy, it could account for your tacho and cut out problem.

If the joint is dry, or dodgy, it'll make and break. This would explain the rev counter bouncing? The joint will eventually break long enough for the engine to run out of diesel and stall. It'll re-start because this is an intermittent fault.

What immobiliser is it? Is it a Thatcham one? If we can see where it cuts in to the Fuel cut off circuit, it would be easy enough to reinstate the feed and at least eliminate this as a possible culprit?

Just my thoughts...
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          Alan, I still think the problem is your immobiliser.

The immobiliser will probably immobilise 2 circuits, the starter and the fuel cut off valve. If the interconnection between the immobiliser and the fuel cut off valve is dodgy, it could account for your tacho and cut out problem.

If the joint is dry, or dodgy, it'll make and break. This would explain the rev counter bouncing? The joint will eventually break long enough for the engine to run out of diesel and stall. It'll re-start because this is an intermittent fault.

What immobiliser is it? Is it a Thatcham one? If we can see where it cuts in to the Fuel cut off circuit, it would be easy enough to reinstate the feed and at least eliminate this as a possible culprit?

Just my thoughts...
          It's a Cobra system Cat 1 Andy, you are more than welcome to come and have a poke around mate.
          Alan

Comment

It's a Cobra system Andy, you are more than welcome to come and have a poke around mate.
            Do you know the model number, try and get a wiring diagram for it.

Comment

I have paperwork for it, I'll look it out tomorrow and post in this thread.
              Alan

Comment

I have paperwork for it, I'll look it out tomorrow and post in this thread.
                Once you find out what it is, see if you can find a wiring diagram for it. If it's dry tomorrow, I'll nip round after tea.

Comment

Cheers mate.
                  Alan

Comment

Working...
                  X