No announcement yet.

Pocket V8!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ariel are developing one for the Atom 500 (500ps, 500kg), and Caterham already run one in the Leviathan..or somat daft like that. At over 100k each, I don't think they're welded up 'busa motors..but they are derived from the same methods..

Levante..sorry

Edit again..lol..looking into it, the atom is 2 busa motors
    Last edited by an1mal_69; 1 September 2010, 10:33.

Comment

Yep expensive!!! You can get them as cheap as bround £21 +vat !!! The good thing is they are a cracking engine, the downside is you need to rebuild them after 4 races or so - providing they aren't damaged before that!

I can only afford half of one in my toy

Cheers, Nick
      Attached Files
      "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Still ferkin quick though! Is the car a '7' derivative?

An Atom with two busa engines would be ridiculous! I think the one I saw was Honda supercharged VTEC powered.

They've been running bike engined westies in hillclimb for years now. They sound mental, but I doubt they'd be as nice a sunday drive as a nicely tuned car engine though. Imagine trying to drive one in traffic, completely torque free at 15mph...
        Last edited by Apache; 1 September 2010, 19:48.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          Still ferkin quick though! Is the car a '7' derivative?

An Atom with two busa engines would be ridiculous! I think the one I saw was Honda supercharged VTEC powered.

They've been running bike engined westies in hillclimb for years now. They sound mental, but I doubt they'd be as nice a sunday drive as a nicely tuned car engine though. Imagine trying to drive one in traffic, completely torque free at 15mph...
          They are a tad quick!!! Its a Dax Rush, put together by my own hands The engine in standard form in a light car is ###### quick and with a turbo is absolutely manic!! Twin engines are silly and most people will not be able to drive one with a standard engine to it's limit - but it's fun trying They aren't much fun on the road, due to the amount of clutch use required. However with a few simple mods to the clutch, you can make it fairly driver friendly for the road. The Busa is quite torquey for a bike engine. Mine is not road legal, and just used for track, sprints etc,

Cheers, Nick
          "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Working...
          X