Went Off Roading Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went Off Roading Today

I normally take the jeep, however decided to give the surf a play to see what it could do. I'm meant to keep it clean as it's the family car!
    All I can say is that I was very impressed with the surf. Although I had intended to take things easy I couldn't resist going through a couple of muddy sections that I have previously been stuck in in the jeep.
    I was not confident as the surf only has a/t tyres fitted where as the jeep has muds and it sometimes struggled.
    Anyway the surf ploughed through the sections much to my delight. It got stuck in one particulary difficult section, however I had a feeling that it would pull itself out and after about a minute of shaking the steering it got traction and heaved itself out of the mud.
    There was one steep hill that it could not get traction on but that was the only time it couldn't go somewhere the jeep could and this was down to the tyres I think.
    I tried not to draw comparisions with the jeep, however I must say it took near enough everything I threw at it and it was the most comfortable off roading experience i've had, it was like driving a sofa lol
    Can't wait to use the surf again but wife not happy with the mess it's in.

looks fun mate
    risky move with out a snorkel tho
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
      looks fun mate
      risky move with out a snorkel tho
      Your right, the 2nd pic was taken on a water run that I was familar with and the water doesn't reach the top of the tyres. However, it looks like there's now a pot hole which I hit just when the pic was taken. Just shows I should never take anything for granted, fortunatly the surf never missed a beat.

Comment

thats well risky without a snorkel, you must be one lucky man.
        amazing how far a standard surf will go
        Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Friend went off road today at a place called the devils punch bowl. Someone bogged down their engine, and they had to remove the glow plugs and turn it over. Engine wouldnt turn over at all without doing that!
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Devils punch bowl? just of the A3? any links to a web site?
            “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Not an off road site. It's all boats.
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                Friend went off road today at a place called the devils punch bowl. Someone bogged down their engine, and they had to remove the glow plugs and turn it over. Engine wouldnt turn over at all without doing that!
                its the engine its go's hydraulic has the oldies call it in yorkshire
                its when water gets in the engine and stops it turning
                coz the water makes it act like its hydraulic if you get what i mean
                only a diesel i know owt about not petrol
                with diesel its eayer to get started better ways of doing it tho

i dont know why iam going petrol i know nowt about em
                but i will learn what to do if i drowned it
                coz i will drowned it i will try not too
                but ya know what its like if ya not been out for ages
                i'll push it to its limets
                am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                  http://s828.photobucket.com/albums/z...ch%20bowl%202/

The fab Surrey off roaders
                  www.surreyoffroaders.co.uk
                  Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Working...
                  X