Surf Mentioned In July 4X4 Mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Mentioned In July 4X4 Mag

A Surf owner was asking advice in the letters page of 4X4 mag. They didn't suggest he look here but said they are considering a Surf feature in a future issue. Do ya reckon we should invite them along to the next off road meet?

BTW they reckon that the Grand Cheroke is the best off-raoder in a trial they did??????????????
    It's only a hobby!

if theyve not been in a SURF they've not lived. my mates got one & im not impressed
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
      A Surf owner was asking advice in the letters page of 4X4 mag. They didn't suggest he look here but said they are considering a Surf feature in a future issue. Do ya reckon we should invite them along to the next off road meet?

BTW they reckon that the Grand Cheroke is the best off-raoder in a trial they did??????????????

What do they know
      I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

I emailed them shortly after the mag came out, telling them of this sites existance & if they are doing a feature on Surfs that we would be only to gald to provide any help we could, the reply I got was........................... .... well I am still waiting
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
          I emailed them shortly after the mag came out, telling them of this sites existance & if they are doing a feature on Surfs that we would be only to gald to provide any help we could, the reply I got was........................... .... well I am still waiting
          No UK main dealers to impress. Cynical? Me?
          I had a look to see if they are published by the same group as the mag I write for occasionally but drew a blank.
          I won't mention the one I scribble for now I have suggested that publishers daren't upset the advertising potential. I wrote an article once on importing equipment from the states (when the exchange rate was favourable). The official editorial line was that they didn't want to encouarage readers to import their own stuff and not have the marvelous warranty/service back up that buying at twice the price from UK dealers provided!!!!
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Koi

Join the club...there was a feature in one of the earlier editions where they were telling the guy to go to roughtrax website for detailed information, so I responded with an email to point them this way for future information.
            Gaz

Comment

I emailed them too for a technical question in May's edition and invited them to ask us for any help if they were going to do an article. Also told them of the website. Stil waiting for an answer.

Cheers

Comment

Better send them this then - The Bullet pulling the Jeep out the Mire at Knowsley
                Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                  Better send them this then - The Bullet pulling the Jeep out the Mire at Knowsley
                  Which Jeep's that, looks like it's pulling another Surf out to me!

And at least they didn't think the Disco was the best - makes a pleasant change.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                    Which Jeep's that, looks like it's pulling another Surf out to me!

And at least they didn't think the Disco was the best - makes a pleasant change.

Cheers
                    Actually, its a 4-runner. Tech problem here - tried to link to the jeep pic and got this one ... derr...
                    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

If its the copy I saw I seem to rember that the Jeep scored 186 and two pages later they had a Landy (not in the group test ????) which scored something like 239.

The group test aslo had an X5 and an ML ?????????????????????????????

[SIZE=7][COLOR=YellowGreen][SIZE=5][FONT=Comic Sans MS]The difference between the men and the boys .................... the price of their toys ![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Actually the Grand Cherokee is a great off road tool, plenty of axle movement and a stonking engine - just don't want to pay the fuel bills.

Cheers

Comment

Before i bought the Surf i looked at the Cherokee and Grand Cherokee. The 2.5 TD was guttless and the others were too expensive on fuel. Drove a V6 shogun SWB, felt a little too wallowey, a Dihats Sport-track nuff said, a Disco, too many mums drive them(sorry they do) Then tried the Surf. Not as many on the road as the others and it does everything i ask of it on/off road.
                          The only potential prob with the Surf is the rear overhang. I haven't had any probs myself but it looks like i may at some point. Has anyone experienced a prob with this?

Comment

I wouldn't say it's the only problem but it is definitely the most grounded part of my truck. It's made worse by the towbar but then this protects the rear bumper. I think the answer is to get rid of both - next weeks job!
                            Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
                              I wouldn't say it's the only problem but it is definitely the most grounded part of my truck. It's made worse by the towbar but then this protects the rear bumper. I think the answer is to get rid of both - next weeks job!
                              You need to make up a bumper like Steve Schaefer over on yota tech does.

He makes nice stuff, no doubt a bit to dear to ship this side of the atlantic though.
                              http://fastq.com/~sschaefer/store.html
                              Maurice
                              Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
                              X