Blowout At 90MPH EEEEEEK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blowout At 90MPH EEEEEEK!

I had the rear offside tyre blow out on the M1 last night. All that playing in the mud payed dividends as I managed to keep it under control. The scariest bit was changing an o/s tyre on the hard shoulder, at dusk, with lorries whizzing 2" past my earhole.
    It's only a hobby!

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
    I had the rear offside tyre blow out on the M1 last night. All that playing in the mud payed dividends as I managed to keep it under control. The scariest bit was changing an o/s tyre on the hard shoulder, at dusk, with lorries whizzing 2" past my earhole.
    Glad you ok, but who did you upset to deserve that much bad luck ????

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

I bet you changed your pants when you got home
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
        Glad you ok, but who did you upset to deserve that much bad luck ????

Trev
        I didn't upset anyone as far as I know. It was just payback for getting a free Zook, finding some 4" x 1.5" x 1/4" steel to make my bumpers and sliders, a guy saying I have a n/s wing you can have for nothing, my nephew phoning up to say he has found an o/s wing...............good luck can't last for ever.
        It happened just north of Hemel Hempstead................is that what Koi does now instead of sin-binning Zookers?
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

I didn't upset anyone as far as I know. It was just payback for getting a free Zook, finding some 4" x 1.5" x 1/4" steel to make my bumpers and sliders, a guy saying I have a n/s wing you can have for nothing, my nephew phoning up to say he has found an o/s wing...............good luck can't last for ever.
          It happened just north of Hemel Hempstead................is that what Koi does now instead of sin-binning Zookers?

voodoo of the Herts mafia......................

Seriously though glad no one was hurt and the surf escaped undamaged.
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

It happened just north of Hemel Hempstead........
            Well that's not the Twilight Zone - that's north of Letchworth Gate !

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

90 mph you must be made of money, glad your ok though!

Comment

with lorries whizzing 2" past my earhole.

Its a game we play called lets see if we can blow the car off the jack..........
                No seriously glad you made it in one piece m8.

sumo.
                If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by sumo

Its a game we play called lets see if we can blow the car off the jack..........

sumo.
                  Yeah - was one of those lorries a big blue DAF with a trailer????
                  Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                    Yeah - was one of those lorries a big blue DAF with a trailer????
                    Nope werent me I was in SELKIRK in frock wearing porridge wig land.Back home safe in Suffolk now.

McSUMO.
                    Last edited by sumo; 29 June 2004, 21:27.
                    If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by sumo

sumo.
                      Thanks Sumo and everyone else that wishes me well. In retrospect I wish I had informed Herts Police that I was changing an offside tyre. I have been told by a traffic cop that they will park a little way behind with the blues on to give extra protection.
                      The tyre is a write off. My brother examined it and said that I had a bolt or something with a hex head stuck right in the centre of the tread. There is just a hole now with a hexagon imprint around it. It was a fair diameter and probably heavy, so the centrofugal force of doing 90MPH probably threw it of, hence the instant flat.
                      It was a good excuse to come home and have a good go at Mrs K's brandy stash!!!!
                      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                      X