cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cold

hi, come out of the shop this morning saw drip under motor, coming of left hand side of bash plate put me hand under and its cold water, wheres that from then,

The aircon, probably.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
      The aircon, probably.
      taken air con pump out under slung fans still there and all the pipe work, wonder if still water in it, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by caney View Post
        hi, come out of the shop this morning saw drip under motor, coming of left hand side of bash plate put me hand under and its cold water, wheres that from then,
        was it raining?
        私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

wheres that from then,
          Don't know, where was it coming from?
          If it's still there, take the bash plate off and find out exactly where it's from. If it's just water, and you don't have a/c, it's probably just a puddle from the last rain.
          Andy
          http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

Originally posted by adpsimpson View Post
            Don't know, where was it coming from?
            If it's still there, take the bash plate off and find out exactly where it's from. If it's just water, and you don't have a/c, it's probably just a puddle from the last rain.
            hi, had a good look defo clear cold water we have had a lot of rain also im told i have a ac rad under there some where can that leak, rad and expansion tank seem ok, cheers

Comment

The ac radiator should, at one point in its life, have had coolant gas of some sort in it, not water.

The only things I can think of that would cause water dripping are AC drain (which lets out the condensation from the cooling matrix inside the cab, via a small pipe in the lower passenger side of the firewall), engine coolant (only if you have water instead of coolant - check what's in the rad), windscreen wash or rain water (possibly puddling somewhere). My money would be on the last one.

However, to be sure, you'll need to get the bash plate off and check exactly where it's coming from. It's an easy job, 4 12mm bolts and it falls away.
              Andy

Comment

The ac radiator should, at one point in its life, have had coolant gas of some sort in it, not water.

The only things I can think of that would cause water dripping are AC drain (which lets out the condensation from the cooling matrix inside the cab, via a small pipe in the lower passenger side of the firewall), engine coolant (only if you have water instead of coolant - check what's in the rad), windscreen wash or rain water (possibly puddling somewhere). My money would be on the last one.

However, to be sure, you'll need to get the bash plate off and check exactly where it's coming from. It's an easy job, 4 12mm bolts and it falls away.
                i thought the front bolts for the bash plate were 14mm heads? i have taken mine off and i have two 14mm heads at the front and two 12mm heads at the rear unless someones been playing before and replaced them
                I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

cheers for info, will get plate of and have a good root round, ta

Comment

i once had cold water dripping from the bash plate
                    took me ages to find were its was coming from
                    iam not talking a lot just a dripp
                    i started looking at it every time i stoped

so i took the bash plate off coz thats were it was coming from
                    it was dry but there was a damp bit that ran down the back of the bash plate

the inner side of my rad (coolent one) was also damp not leaking just damp

i fired her up and sat it there on idel

from the under side i could see a very small drip
                    if i shined a light down the back of the rad i could see a very small leak p1ssing out in needle like fashion
                    that leak nearly blow the head
                    it over heated while i was looking
                    i turned her off rad out and sorted it
                    the smallest leak needs to be found it looked like cold water for me too
                    it was a very small leak that ran cold by the time it driped off the bash plate
                    so be aware dude just check ya rad with a fine tooth comb
                    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by tonupteabag View Post
                      i thought the front bolts for the bash plate were 14mm heads? i have taken mine off and i have two 14mm heads at the front and two 12mm heads at the rear unless someones been playing before and replaced them
                      All 12mm on mine.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by tonupteabag View Post
                        You're probably right, sorry! Mine's been out, sat in the back garden, for about a year to make access easier.

edit: just saw Nev's reply, who knows!
                        Andy

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                          i once had cold water dripping from the bash plate
                          took me ages to find were its was coming from
                          iam not talking a lot just a dripp
                          i started looking at it every time i stoped

so i took the bash plate off coz thats were it was coming from
                          it was dry but there was a damp bit that ran down the back of the bash plate

the inner side of my rad (coolent one) was also damp not leaking just damp

i fired her up and sat it there on idel

from the under side i could see a very small drip
                          if i shined a light down the back of the rad i could see a very small leak p1ssing out in needle like fashion
                          that leak nearly blow the head
                          it over heated while i was looking
                          i turned her off rad out and sorted it
                          the smallest leak needs to be found it looked like cold water for me too
                          it was a very small leak that ran cold by the time it driped off the bash plate
                          so be aware dude just check ya rad with a fine tooth comb
                          hi, the rads not very old seems ok, hoping its rain water wll keep a eye on it cheers

Comment

hi, the rads not very old seems ok, hoping its rain water wll keep a eye on it cheers
                            there are post i did about it
                            coz my replacmet rad did the same 6 mounths after it was put on
                            after market rad see
                            i dont do em no more
                            am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Working...
                            X