@puddlesurfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @puddlesurfer

I went and measured up this morning, the rear from the arch to the edge of 15" rim is roughly 19" and the front is roughly 18". It can only be approximate because of the spacing on the wheel and the tyre bulging out further than the rim. But its pretty close

Ps logging into.this site has become difficult! It does a Google search instead
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Ha, I was just going through posts from last night and saw that you'd do this 'in the morning' and I thought 'yeah right!'

Proved me wrong, dieselboy.

Had any mojitos recently??

Comment

still wont be high enough for him
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi View Post
        Hahaha.... Great icon

Comment

Originally posted by Koi View Post
          I only got flooded by 3 Inches, I've already gone up 2!
          Another 4" and I'll be home and dry - literaly!
          “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Until you find a bigger puddle

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieOakley View Post
              Until you find a bigger puddle
              I might get floats on the side like chitty chitty bang bang! or as SiTate suggested a big rubber duck to fit around the outside.

BTW thank you Dieselboy,
              Now I'm not too sure what to do, I think I'll go for 2.5" coil Spacers & 2" BJ spacers with a 2" body lift that will put me about 18" all round (maybe slightly more on the rear)

In order to do that what else will I need? Will I have to remove Anti rollbars? drop diff etc this is getting to be hard work!
              Last edited by puddlesurfer; 19 August 2010, 08:41.

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post

In order to do that what else will I need? Will I have to remove Anti rollbars? drop diff etc this is getting to be hard work!
                I had to remove the front ARB and lower the front diff. The exhaust was also in the way of the prop so that first had to be cut and modified with another piece of pipework run.
                The reason I had to lower the front diff was that I had ruined the N/S drive shaft due to the angles. I could here it knocking away! I lowered the diff by just over 1" with some TonyN blocks and there has been NO more problems or noises at all.

I would also fit free wheel hubs so that the CV boots dont get torn on daily driving. Even though I've lowered the shaft angles, the boots would still be pinched and stretched.

I will be putting the front ARB back on once I have some ARB lowering blocks. I need an exhaust anyway. To fit the diff blocks we needed a ramp because getting the bolts back in was a little difficult due to the bolt holes not exactly lining up in the lowered position. With an air gun and a bit of pushing we got them in though.

What wheels / tyres will you be fitting? I also done the 2" body lift remember, but with the body that much further from the wheels it made the 30.5" tyres look tiny. Even with the 30mm spacers the wheels didnt sit right.
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Ha, I was just going through posts from last night and saw that you'd do this 'in the morning' and I thought 'yeah right!'

Proved me wrong, dieselboy.

Had any mojitos recently??
                  Nope! The mint bush is getting pretty big though. I'm in Portsmouth for a BBQ Saturday so will get some bacardi and do some

Goes down too easily though!
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                    Nope! The mint bush is getting pretty big though. I'm in Portsmouth for a BBQ Saturday so will get some bacardi and do some

Erm... are we still talking about mojitos?

Comment

I need to save my pennies first but the best price I've been able to find are these ones on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

They're 33/12.5.15's - I'm not sure if the off set is ok or if I'll need wheel spacers.

The guy is a dealer and he said to give him a ring nearer the time and he'll do me a deal on a set of 5 (I want a spare, I'll need to modify the wheel carrier to take it)

Maxxis tyres are supposed to be a reasonable make, I'd love Cooper STT's but unless I win the lotto it aint going to happen in the near future, if I get these I can replace the tyres as they wear out.

Comment

Thats for four then you need to buy another tyre and rim..
                        Check out camskill for tyre prices - im not sure how MAXXIS compare to general grabber but my A/Ts were around £98 each including VAT.

Check out silverline for steel deep dish rims (like my spare I had at avalanche). I paid around £57 including VAT and postage but apparently if you buy a set you can get them cheaper per unit so worth asking I think!

Also, If you get -32 offset (or more I suppose) then you wont need to modify the spare wheel carrier as the offset keeps the tyre away from the carrier. I'm not sure about the underslung spare though.
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post

With all that bush you could try some variations! Here are some, but I think #5 has the best description for you

http://mobile.associatedcontent.com/...ts_on_the.html

Comment

With all that bush you could try some variations! Here are some, but I think #5 has the best description for you

http://mobile.associatedcontent.com/...ts_on_the.html
                            Thanks for the link! I may try some of those!
                            The description o_0
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                            X