CAD Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAD Software

Anyone got a copy or know where I could get a basic CAD software package for a home PC?
    Brian

Good question. I would like one as well.

Nev

Comment

Could try this, I think it was one them free with a magazine, seemed quite good.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/0...tion-key-code/
      Neal

Comment

Thanks mate will have a look at that
        Brian

Comment

Do you want to actually want to write your designs to file for use with a cnc machine, or just design stuff in 3D.?

For freeware you can't beat google sketchup..pretty easy to learn too.

alternatively, solid works is the daddy.! I use a students version (cheaper) but it takes some learning, I was getting pretty competent with it in the dark eves of last winter..dare say I would of forgotten 75% of what I learned tho.

For tube bending, jd2 have free software on their site but it's not great, pro-tools in the US have nice software & it's a lot cheaper off them than UK distributors. I'll check the name an edit..

Bend-tech..different versions EZ, pro etc
          Last edited by an1mal_69; 16 August 2010, 11:33. Reason: Additional info

Comment

I would like to write my own designs and ideally be transferale to CNC.
            Saved to file at least.
            Brian

Comment

if you want autocad 2008 then you can have a copy of that fully working as got ####### etc also sketchup is a good easy 3d programme free from google

just let me know
              Last edited by dannyboy77; 17 August 2010, 08:31.
              http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Cad Software

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                Anyone got a copy or know where I could get a basic CAD software package for a home PC?
                Try www.softshop24.com - I know several people who have purchased Autocad 2008 from them & have been delighted with product.

Regards

Steve Prior

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy77 View Post
                  if you want autocad 2008 then you can have a copy of that fully working as got key gen etc also sketchup is a good easy 3d programme free from google

just let me know
                  Danny that would be ideal mate, thanks.
                  Last edited by yoshie; 17 August 2010, 00:16.
                  Brian

Comment

torrents
                    try downloading utorrent
                    ya can get in on there matey
                    if ya need hand useing torrents just ask dude
                    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

[QUOTE=yoshie;654292]Danny that would be ideal mate, thanks.

will do just got o make a copy and posy so should be there by the end of the week will let you know when posted! have taken your address down so can delete it if want
                      Last edited by dannyboy77; 16 August 2010, 15:44.
                      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
                        Could try this, I think it was one them free with a magazine, seemed quite good.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/0...tion-key-code/
                        Just finished downloading and installing. Looks good. Now how the hell do I actually draw something? Guess I will have to read the manual.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
                          Just finished downloading and installing. Looks good. Now how the hell do I actually draw something? Guess I will have to read the manual.

Nev
                          Nev you want me to forward a copy of the autocad Danny is sending?
                          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post

Nev
                            lol..if you want a quick fix & be able to model stuff with minimal learning time, sketchup is the way forward, as easy as it is, it'll still take a good few hours to get to grips with. I've modelled bumpers, beds, wall furniture & my bathroom and bedroom re-vamp

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                              Nev you want me to forward a copy of the autocad Danny is sending?
                              That would be great if you can. I'll PM you the details. Thanks.

Nev

Comment

Working...
                              X