"AUTO" on heater control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "AUTO" on heater control?

What is the auto switch on the heater actually for?

From what i can see, all it does is blow at full speed all the time "why".

Im a bit bored so i thought i'd ask.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

When the engine is cold, press the auto button and the blowers will come on automatically when the thermostat opens and allows the warm coolant through the heater. Great on frosty mornings.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      When the engine is cold, press the auto button and the blowers will come on automatically when the thermostat opens to allow the coolant through the heater. Great on frosty mornings.
      Right, you learn something new every day.

Cheers vince.

Comment

I use Auto setting all the time. It changes the fan speed up or down according to the heating/cooling needs. On mine it starts off fast and then goes down to minimum after a few miles.
        I have the temp set at 25 which seems to be the default setting of the slider as there is a positive 'click' at that point.

Comment

Isn't this climate control? Sounds like climate control...
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
            Isn't this climate control? Sounds like climate control...
            LOL, i thought so, but don't have a 3rd Gen so wasn't sure. Auto button on our Legacy is though. Turn it on, select a temp and the car decides fan speeds and a/c or not to keep it at that temp. Its also user progammable to where it blows around car, temp, etc so you just hit the auto button and leave it.

There are two typres of climate control displays on the 3rd gen, the early one's arn't that clever, you just turn auto on and move the temp slider to the temp you want, the later digital ones are probably cleverer.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
              From what i can see, all it does is blow at full speed all the time "why".
              there is a temp sensor behind the little grill on the dash, if this is dead it'll just blow all the time. you should able to speed up or slow down fan by sliding the temp lever if its working
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                there is a temp sensor behind the little grill on the dash, if this is dead it'll just blow all the time. you should able to speed up or slow down fan by sliding the temp lever if its working
                I'll give it a go in the morning. cheers tony.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                  LOL, i thought so, but don't have a 3rd Gen so wasn't sure. Auto button on our Legacy is though. Turn it on, select a temp and the car decides fan speeds and a/c or not to keep it at that temp. Its also user progammable to where it blows around car, temp, etc so you just hit the auto button and leave it.

There are two typres of climate control displays on the 3rd gen, the early one's arn't that clever, you just turn auto on and move the temp slider to the temp you want, the later digital ones are probably cleverer.
                  My friends Impreza had Auto which was climate control but was the "dumb" type with a temp knob rather than digital temp selection.

Oh how I envy third gen owners and their fancy gadgets
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                    My friends Impreza had Auto which was climate control but was the "dumb" type with a temp knob rather than digital temp selection.

Oh how I envy third gen owners and their fancy gadgets
                    Mines not the fancy digital one mate, its similar to yours.

Only the newer one's "98 on" i think? have the fancy controls.

Comment

Mines not the fancy digital one mate, its similar to yours.

Only the newer one's "98 on" i think? have the fancy controls.

Comment

Ye like yours.

What does "passenger" mean? on the top left.

Comment

Passenger seatbelt light.

Comment

Ye like yours.

What does "passenger" mean? on the top left.

It's to let you know which side the passenger sits!
                            Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

i need to strip my heater control panel soon before winter as its a pain cause i have to press the buttons so hard to make them work
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                              X