Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tubular bumpers / winch bumpers

Hi all,

If anybody knows any good links to pictures of fabricated Surf bumpers either tubular or plate, winch or not, front and rear please can you post them here.

I want to look at designs to give my local welder/fabricator some ideas (he's got a Surf himself - LN130) I'd like him to make me some bits when he's quiet.
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

This link is excellent

CLICK
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
      This link is excellent

CLICK
      Didn't help much!

Comment

A sense of humour might........
        Alan

Comment

I like this one:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=63631

Comment

Well, next on me and Yoshies list is getting Surf bumpers made up so watch this space.
            Just clearing our feet of all the other bits of work first, I really liked that design too.
            Alan

Comment

It was yours wasn't it? sweet design! btw the lmgtfy made me chuckle, it just didn't help!

Comment

Just a pic from the net, that ones a Landcruiser but easily modified to go on a Surf.
                I think the tube that goes round to wheelarch is a bit weedy so would probably use 3 inch tube and use the 2 inch for drop bars.

Yoshie has a few ideas so hopefully we will have some pics up soon.
                Alan

Comment

looking forward to seeing them, before I do the front I want to do the back, straight from the chassis so I get some recovery points (mines rusty and bent too)

Comment

Any bumper we make will be chassis mounted (bolt on) and any tow points will be very substantial so it's actually being pulled from the chassis and not some weedy bumper mount.
                    Alan

Comment

Mine was recovered using the tie down points - hence bent bumper, mind you I didn't have much choice I was stuck in water about 30"s deep my bad!

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
                        Hi all,

If anybody knows any good links to pictures of fabricated Surf bumpers either tubular or plate, winch or not, front and rear please can you post them here.

I want to look at designs to give my local welder/fabricator some ideas (he's got a Surf himself - LN130) I'd like him to make me some bits when he's quiet.
                        Hi Lee. Try Googling FAT MOUSE OFF ROAD. They are in Spain. Their work is real quality....Cheers....Mick.
                        Attached Files
                        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Fat mouse products look very cool, postage might be a bit expensive though

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                            Hi Lee. Try Googling FAT MOUSE OFF ROAD. They are in Spain. Their work is real quality....Cheers....Mick.
                            got to say that front bumper dont look that good as it's blockin all the air flow to the rad. not a gd idea.

Comment

Originally posted by wolf View Post
                              got to say that front bumper dont look that good as it's blockin all the air flow to the rad. not a gd idea.
                              True, BUT IT LOOKS COOL! that's whats important point taken though

Comment

Working...
                              X